R U Brady haters convinced yet?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

That may be true but another truth is that you are STILL an IDIOT!!!

2. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm not convinced of Brady's coaching prowess or abilities. He has done very little at LSU with good talent and thankfully good talent continues to come here. I have never been impressed with Brady and one trip to the Sweet 16 is not going to wash away all the poor seasons he has put together. This year should not be a catalyst to give Brady a long term contract. Put pressure on him to continue to perform. His back was up against the wall this year knowing he better put together a good season if he wanted to stay.

That pressure and Brady's determination to stay and the players playing hard have put together a great season. I give it to Brady for putting together a good season, but I am not in favor of giving him a long term contract unless it has wording that allows LSU to fire him for poor seasons without paying penalties.

I'm not convinced yet and would need more time and would need to see more consistency from Brady's teams for a couple of years before giving him a big contract extension. He has had several freshman SEC players of the year and he doesn't continue their development as a player and a team.

3. tigerball

tigerball Founding Member

No one may like what I am about to post - but it's my opinion. Going into a game such as Duke, I would much prefer Dale Brown as coach over John Brady. The bashers love to bash what he did not do at times but forget about the accomplishments - at times with nothing. He may not have been a great bench coach every game, but in those few when it mattered, he figured a way to pull the game out without a team of NBA stars. The door is open for comments.:lsup:

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:confused: My god, we are in the sweet 16 with a boatload of underclassmen. Brady has had freshman of the year the past 3 seasons and MVP past 2. Coach of the year honors this season, 2nd straight year in the tourney. NCAA basketball is probably the most difficult sport to coach; Arkansas picked up a hot young coach who has done nothing. I don't know if Brady can keep it up, but we've been heading in the right direction. Brady has been able to pick up exceptional, difference-making talent. Whether Pierre plays a role in that or not, Brady is the captain of the ship.

I haven't been a big Brady nut, but you can't argue with our recent success. Brady has brought us out of the hole Dale Brown left us in; we are back to being a nationally reputable basketball school. Out of the teams in the sweet 16, who has more game-changing talent than LSU? Add to it that most of our players likely will be back next year. TT may make it in the NBA (but isn't as far along as Stromile Swift was when he started an unglamourous to-date pro career), but Big Baby has some work to do on his game, and Taz isn't there yet either.

Looking at the upsets and equity in the tourney, making the sweet 16 is more than a number of solid basketball programs can say. Brady has earned an upgrade in his contract.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Finally, someone who gets it and understands. :thumb:

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Let's see, Stro was the best player in the SEC his soph. season and then left, I'd say he progressed under Brady; Bass was SEC freshman of the year and followed that up with a player of the year, guess he delveloped too, but alas he left. Davis was freshman of the year and followed that up with a player of the year, hhhmmm, seems like a trend. Hopefully he'll stay at least another season. Thomas was freshman of the year, so if he wins player of the year next season too would you call that not developing talent too. Of course he may not win it if Big Baby comes back or if Tasmin has a bang up year, but I'd take that. And I'd bet the house that Tasmin will be a great player next season.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Who the F is you? I don't even know you pal. If I slayed your mom or slapped your dad in a bar fight im sorry but you can't take that kind of stuff personal. I do know that you are fairly new around here w/only a hundred post but you shouldn’t call one of tigerforums MOST RESPECTED MEMBERS an idiot. I tell you what im going to do for you. Keep your mouth shut until after the NCAAT and come back around w/a new attitude and if I see a change I will reward you w/a little green when I decide to become a contributor. Other then that F off nerd.

8. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

What a doofus... the last sentence shows me his wisdom.. hard to coach them when they go to the NBA.

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Well, it seems like the haters are not convinced yet. I guess it's going to take a major upset of DUKE to change your ways. I feel like CJB deserves another year as head coach. Unfortunately he has put himself in-between a rock and a hard spot w/a lot of fans and I don't think we should reward him w/a long-term contract as of yet. Now I notice a few people saying sniff sniff another team is going to come along and steal him away sniff sniff. Well so be it, tuff titty that's part of life in big time collage basketball. I think Butch Pierre deserves a shot at LSU head coach anyway. For now I hope Skip can keep them both for next year.

10. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Brady has made LSU so reputable that no on knows LSU won the SEC. Doug g. Says duke will beat LSU like a drum. and that Duke Has a huge advantage at coaching cause Brady is a bad coach. when talking heads are saying things like that it does not mean you are at the top of college basketball. sorry if I hurt your feelings.