Rabalais: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Dec 25, 2012.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The last two victories over LSU occurred in the state of Louisiana. :rolleyes:

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

With ne'er a penalty as well. So disciplined...

3. msully

msully Founding Member

Bama will not win in 2013 They will lose 2 maybe 3 games ,

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

LSU isn't going anywhere.

What we need and I don't think Santa delivered it is an AD with a PAIR that will pound the table and raise his voice at the SEC meetings.

5. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

Therefore logic would seem to dictate "why remain their blood nutrient source? cash cow? victim in a parasitic relationship?"

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I hate the GUMPS, I hate the SEC Office, and I hate the pro-Gump officials.

Still I can't believe media or national outrage, about the rankings of the BCS bowl teams vis a vis the rankings of teams not in BCS bowl

B U T....If the defense had played for a minute and change against the Gumps, none of that would matter.

As much as I hate it, the fact is inescapable.

Merry Christmas to all....Could not figure out a way to "Cajunize" it. Sorry.

TigerTap likes this.
  7. TUSKtimes

You are starting to sound like the big ten. An over reaction to a temporary situation. Life is fluid and encompasses more then the last few years. The SEC had to save these misguided souls from themselves to give what all deserve, the best 4 teams possible for the NC. The SEC has the best mousetrap. No need to take your ball and go home. No Baton Rouge on a Saturday night, are you crazy?

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

And I doubt we'd see a thread like this as well.

If I may attempt to insert a little logic here.

We only have to go back two years, 2010, and see every SEC opponent, save two, had an off week before playing Alabama. Alabama lost three games that year. Partly due to schedule, partly due to a lot of injuries, and partly because it's just the way the game goes. If you look back over the previous four or five years you'll see the Tide had more than twice the number of opponents getting a bye week before the game. I'd have to look, but if memory serves it was more than three times as many as any other team in the SEC. Where's this perceived bias in scheduling in those years?

Two years ago we drew South Carolina and Florida while LSU drew Tennessee and Vanderbilt. Where were those complaints then?

Yet, here we sit today with a theory being voiced that the SEC favors Alabama when it comes to scheduling?

When Tennessee was enjoying their winning streak versus Alabama no one was saying a thing about permanent opponents. Now that the streak has turned, it's an unfair advantage. The streak will turn again. History dictates such. But, with the same complaints be voiced then?

The notion that's being put forth here is that there are a group of people sitting in Birmingham making decision and then arriving at a point, saying, "Let's set it up this way because it favors Alabama." That fact some actually believe this is beyond common sense and rational thought.

I may have just missed this. If I have, please point it out.

I've yet to see Florida fans complaining about meeting LSU each year.

I think the thing that strikes me the hardest is there seems to be no realization that Rabalais is taking the obsessions of a few and throwing fuel. I literally picture a baited hook and a few fish being teased.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

TigerTap likes this.
  10. TUSKtimes

In 2007, LSU got enough mulligans to make their own stew. They like you, they really do.