Rabalais: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Dec 25, 2012.

1. msully

msully Founding Member

Your Tide team do have a tought 2013 don't they ??

2. msully

msully Founding Member

3. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

Should have been in 2008 not in 2011 ... no way ... sure was convienent how lowly Iowa State upset Oklahoma State just at the precise time Alabama had to have that window to get at LSU one more time, wasn't it?

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

There is a very simple fix to this. Move the SEC office out of the state of Alabama.

There would be no more baseball touraments in Hoover. (which you know damn well the SEC HQ gumps will extend that contract in their backyard)

There would be no more Birmingham Bowl. (which no player EVER wants to play in)

There would be fair scheduling. (of which only Alabama fans seem to believe is fair)

There would still be crappy officiating. (but it would finally even out instead of benefiting the two home state teams)

The baseball tournament could return to ten teams. (which would often eliminate the two bottom-dwelling home state teams)

The penalties would be assessed equitably. (which obviously wasn't the case with the cheap shot against UGA by the Alabama player)

Since our resident Alabama fans to this site see absolutely no favoritism to their home state and teams, they should have absolutely no problem supporting the HQ move to another state. Let's do this and then reassess in a decade to see what changes have occurred.

LSU doesn't need to leave the SEC and I'm sure the conference doesn't want to lose the All-time National Championship leading Tigers. What needs to happen is the relocation of the SEC HQ. LSU should push this hard. If the HQ doesn't concede then I'm 100% behind moving to another conference.

Screw the Gump state!

6. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

I totally agree, Purple Tiger, and this is exactly what LSU needs to do. Get a couple of schools, like Georgia and Tennessee, on board and dance with the Big 12 a little just to let the SEC big wigs know that we aren't playing any longer. We have demands, and if they aren't met, three founding members of the conference will bolt and leave a huge stain on Slive's tenure. They should totally demand what you have proposed, but I would also want one other condition - fire every SEC official and propose a new rule that no SEC official can have any ties to any state or school in the conference.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The administration at Florida voting to continue the series with LSU when it was brought up in the SEC meetings.

8. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Thats the admin...I live in Florida and trust me they want to get rid of us as bad as we want them gone.

They, as in fans, sorry!

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That just serves as another example of fans not looking at the big picture can be found in any fan base.

I hate losing to UT more than any other school. It's truly a loss that I'll go to bed thinking about and wake up the next morning still upset about.

Having UT on a downswing right now makes the game I look forward to the most less enjoyable.

LSU vs Florida has been a GREAT game to watch each year. People around the nation look forward to the meeting. And to think some would rather not see that game each and every year is beyond my reasoning as a football fan.

What a lot of people miss is one of the primary reasons the SEC is as successful right now finanically are games like this one. Games like Auburn vs Georgia. Alabama vs Tennessee. It's those annual rivalries that are a part of how the SEC can negotiate the TV contracts they do. These games are a HUGE draw.

You know, when I think more about it...

Since LSU re-established itself on the national stage in 2003 the record is 5-5 versus Florida. (Two game differences between UT vs UA and AU vs UGA) Outside of 2008 and 2011, all the game have been closely fought contest. In those two seasons the games were split with both teams winning big.

Every other year it's been well within the Tigers grasp to win the game. And you want to replace that with a game against Vandy, or Kentucky?

10. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Don't shoot the messenger mister! I have stayed out of the conversation because I think you have to play the best to be the best. But I also see the other point of veiw. So I kept my mouth shut.

And I don't hear them complaining this year much because they won, but the years we beat them, there might as well be billboards about how unfair it is they have to play us EVERY year and never get a break... :D Makes beating them bastards that much more fun!