Rabalais: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Let the SEC give us the hardest schedule they can create. We are better for it.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've never heard that. But I only know a dozen or so Florida fans in this area. I certainly wasn't attempting to single you out; stream of consciousness kind of post.

That said, I do live around far too many UofSC fans. And, I'll had to admit, like you I was entertained by their reactions on Spurrier talking about "only divisional losses should count against a team's right to play in ATL" last season.

orlandotiger likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Agreed, it may make us the best team, but the win/loss record may not reflect that.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Of couse they would when they knew it would be easily defeated. That way the don't have to be "that guy" , which is what ya'll are calling LSU for bringing it up as we speak. They knew Bama would never be for trading out of its nice, comfey spot w/ Tennessee. They know that if Bama ain't on board, the SEC admins aren't on board.

5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

IMO it is not so much this reason as it is the money. LSU travels VERY well for the game every other year in Gainesville. They see $$$$!!!

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Comfey position (sic) despite being 10-10-1 since the conference split into divisions?

Again, up's and downs. In '92, when the conference split, LSU was 2-9 against Florida up until 2002. Since then, it's sitting at 5-5.

What's changed? You have a good program now. You didn't then. You're annually competing for national championships now. You weren't then.

My God. The more I discuss this with you guys the more incredulous it becomes.

And just to be clear, if Bama isn't on board, the other 10+ schools aren't on board as well, eh? You see what I mean by incredulous?

7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

It's all about getting to Atlanta, playing for and winning championships. Is it a coincidence that the two teams with the easiest path went to Atlanta this year?

Does anyone have an easier road than Bama next year? I think the Fla game is great, I like to watch games that are the most entertaining also.

But when we end up in the chick suck alay bowl and then have to listen to smug ass bama fans rant about how great their program is when they have to go thru kentucky, missouri, tenn, etc while we play Fla, SC, Ga. gives me the ass.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You're most definitely right in that regard. The entire conference sees the money generated from the game each year. And, I'm sure Baton Rouge sees the influx of out of town business as well. Florida travels very well in their own right.

It reminds me of a comment that the Mizzou AD made when he attended his first SEC meeting. He was shocked at how the decisions were made with the good of the conference in mind. He didn't experience that in the Big12.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Also, Terry keeps pointing out about the bye stuff from 2010. If I rememeber right, the SEC office said it wouldn't happen again.

LSU still waiting for someone at the SEC office to even admit that we're getting scewed over.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Yet, the LSU team was in ATL last year with Kentucky and Tennessee on the schedule along with a 3-5 Florida team.