Rabalais Spring Game Take

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Apr 16, 2016.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

UGA's showing really didn't shock me, though it did add a degree to my curiousity factor on what they are expecting. Ohio State? That fan base is hungry right now—hungry.

To me, spring games are good for two things. I enjoy the day because it gives a chance to wander around campus and see how much things have changed. It's a good opportunity to catch up with old friends.

In terms of football, it offers the same opportunity that a blow-out game does in the fall. A chance to look at the younger guys and see how they are progressing physically and mentally. It's never been a preview of the upcoming fall, but more of a glimpse of the team two or three years down the road.

On a slightly different note: Reading observations from different folks after scrimmages is a great way to recognize those that haven't a freakin' clue about the team, the sport, etc.

2. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Saw UGA Spring Game replay. Eason looks more polished as a true freshman than Harris does as a Junior. BH still looks confused, doesn't set his feet and throws high. Etling has potential. Looks like a prototypical Bama QB. Will probably never see the field in an SEC "Big Boy' game unless BH gets injured or stinks it up and fans revolt. We all know the Les Modus Operandi.......................

Richdog likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've been watching Jim Chaney, and his offenses/QB's for what, seven years now? I've yet to become convinced developing QB's is his forte.

That said, Richt and Bobo have a pretty good history on evaluating potential with signal callers.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've always loved them. They weren't the greatest band, but their music always puts me in a good mood, even though most of their songs sound the same. Regardless, yes that is a great tune.

5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Soooo Harris will lead us? Sounds good. I'll get back to you in October.

6. Don Castavez

I love the purple sheep.

7. Don Castavez

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

How is the clock ran during the LSU spring games?

They've been using a running clock (until last four minutes of each half) for years now and I don't recall the broadcast cutting out before the game is concluded (watched it on WatchESPN so that may have a bearing.)

9. Don Castavez

Any chance they can do the same thing Nov 5?

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. Don Castavez

So they are mixing it up lol