Racism: Just in Case

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Apr 8, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So what? I was just making a response to your comments. It's what we do here.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I understand that, but you totally missed my point in response to the post I was addressing, I didnt ask for your psa on what the picture was for, I understood the context of the thread from the beginning.

3. red55

I don't need your permission to comment, amigo.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

I never said you did, I was just trying to see the connection. It was almost like you where coming to the rescue of someone else, which I could understand that if thats the case. I wouldnt expect you to see my side of it.

5. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

I wouldnt cross the street because the guy was black. I'd cross the street because it looks like those are the only two people on the street. The guy approaching me could be Whitey McWhiteWhite and I'd get out of the way.

1 person likes this.
  6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I WOULD not cross the street if he was coming because I really want to meet a guy by that name and ask him what his Mom was doing when she had him!:grin:

7. red55

I begin to see the confusion, here. I was defending CParso's posting of a political cartoon on TF, not defending kedo's comments.

Actually, you articulate "your side" of it very well. I think I do see it. Why are you so dismissive of viewpoints that I have?

8. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Mastermind , the post i made regarding this cartoon is from a character in a book by Harlan Coben called "Tell No One".The fact that the Black man's right hand appears to be behind his back , there is no one else on the street,and he appears to be relatively young brought that quote to mind.I should have just quoted the source in the beginning, so let me just use the hillary clinton misspoke thing here ...i missquote.lol.

Also,has others have pointed out ...you cant walk on either side of the street in Louisiana without walking by a black man so for the most part the cartoon is moot here.

I would like to get your opinion on how you handle certain situations.What ahead of you ,if anything would make you cross the street? .What if anything ,would make you NOT go into a convenience store at 2 in the morning.?

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Im not, but I am sorry if I appear to be that way. I read alot of threads just to see your post actually, because you are a brilliant person and I learn from your point of view, just to be on the record about that.

10. red55

We shall overcome. :wink: