Racist or Not Racist

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Apr 17, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. Racist

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Not Racist

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yea, but then the gays would be pissed.
    There's a reason the Jacksons wanted out of Gary.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

clearly not racist. racism isn't just identifying people by race, but also being prejudicial and negative.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i got in trouble at work once (in a liberal university setting in oregon) because i asked the thai-american coworker for a good spring roll recipe. its funny, cuz i don't get offended when i get asked for an étouffée recipe.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What about Kentucky judge Olu Stevens and robbery victims the Grays? "He's been on the bench for nearly six years and plastered so many pictures of himself on Facebook that a colleague dubbed him "Judge Selfie." He has garnered a very mixed bag of attention over his 6 years.

Recently, he granted probation to a man who plead guilty to armed robbery after "Jordan and Tommy Gray were surprised in their home.

Their 3-year-old daughter was watching "SpongeBob" when two armed black men broke into their home near Buechel on March 21, 2013, and robbed them at gunpoint."

In their written victim impact statement, "Jordan Gray wrote that two years later, her daughter was still "in constant fear of black men" and it had "affected her friendships at school and our relationships with African-American friends." Judge Stevens held the parents responsible for fostering their daughter's feelings of fear and that the mother was foisting her own feelings on to her daughter.

Judge Stevens has been pretty harsh on crimes and has been known to deny pleas for lighter sentences. Did he grant probation to teach the Grays a lesson? Are the Grays fostering racism within their now 5-year old daughter?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Seriously? That is stupid. Most people from other places and cultures that I come across seem to be proud and interested to share their food recipes. Way over sensitive but not altogether surprising for Oregon.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yep, stupid. its an over-sensitization to "racism" by millenials that think they're being ethical. (it wasn't the thai-american that spilled the beans, but a 22 yo white floridian female)

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Was her name Britt McHenry?

Seriously, though, the over-reaction is getting ridiculous. Ben Affleck....."The Academy Award-winning actor and director asked PBS executives to edit that detail out of his family tree after it was exposed during the filming of their program "Finding Your Roots," hacked Sony emails have revealed. In an email exchange posted by WikiLeaks, the genealogy program's host Henry Louis Gates Jr. nervously asked a top Sony executive for "advice" in handling Affleck's special request. ". . . For the first time, one of our guests has asked us to edit out something about one of his ancestors — the fact that he owned slaves," the Harvard scholar told Sony chief Michael Lynton in the email"

"Sony chief Lynton, responding to his "dilemma," advised him to bow to the star's wishes. "I would take it out if no one knows, but if it gets out that you are editing the material based on this kind of sensitivity then it gets tricky. Again, all things being equal I would definitely take it out," he replied"

What did he think would happen if people "found out"? Now I just look at him as a pathetic liar.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lol, this is true.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

If any of you have ever been a waitress or a waiter, you know there is more to the note than just identification. Sad but true, everywhere I have worked, everywhere my daughter has worked, everywhere.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

So you know what people are thinking without ever meeting them? Now that's a talent. Have you put in your application with the CIA? They could really use someone with your ability.