Racist question

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Mar 10, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lasalle hears talking points all day and posts them but never really comprehends them fully then moves on to the next one.

isl does the same thing except with espn talking points which is less annoying because its just sports issues. so thats ok.

but theres no original thought to be had on either side unfortunately.

if you had a parrot and propped him up in front of their tv or radio it would almost do the same thing if it could type.

except the parrot would possibly have more original thought. it would be close.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If the republicans had pulled the same stunt, you'd be calling for them to be drawn and quartered, sliced up, battered, deep fried, eaten by the rich, crapped out, buried, dug up, powdered, and snorted by Charlie Sheen.

You could say I'm wrong, but you'd be wrong. :thumb:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Depends on what they walked out for.

4. LaSalleAve

Well f*ck a doodle doo, guess you figured me out.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And did they teach capitalization at this school?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes but we were so poor our keyboards never came with shift keys or apostrophes.

so til this day, it remains a problem.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Like I said, you're wrong.

Those legislators' job is to vote in accordance of the wishes of their constituents. Nothing more, just show up and vote, just like the rest of their opposing colleagues do. It's not their place to decide "We don't like this bill so we won't go to work" to try to stall it.. There is a judicial system for a reason and senators ain't part of it, nor should they (ever) be. It's not within their power to assume the role of a judge.

If the vote goes against them (and it did without them), they need to find a way around it after the fact (which they're gonna have to do now anyway). That's why we have the checks and balances in place, as they have been for how long now? Now all of a sudden the WI 14 decided not only do they know better than the House, Gov. Walker, and the Senate... Now they feel like they know better than the court system? What they did was wrong, even if for the right reason in one's eyes.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's just trying to please Red.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

They didn't stand up for diddly-squat. Standing up would have been to step up to the mic in chambers and make their case, and then vote on their beliefs, win or lose.

They were cowards. The end.

10. LaSalleAve

what they did was basically a filibuster. Ask the republicans about those, i'm sure when they feel they can walk out they won't hesitate in the future.