radio shows repeatative

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purplejoe, Aug 12, 2004.

1. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

hey bayou bengal...
    youll never get rid of him cuz he's the pd at wjbo....so let me ask you bengal..what shows do you like?

2. There not much to choose from but I like all of them except for Blake Andrews and/or Jon Fine. Those guys are terrible.

3. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

This one takes the cake...

I was listening to one of the morning talk shows in June and people were calling in and talking (in depth) about the replay of the first LSU Georgia game. I mean I realize June is a dead month for a lot of sports fans, but come on. For about an hour they talked about what was the best play, who looked good, who looked bad. WTF? The game was over and done with 7 months ago. Do these people have jobs, lives, girlfriends, children, other things that take away free time? I wish I had time to sit at home and watch football replays in June....wait a minute.... NO I DON'T!

4. purplejoe

good post man....i know lsu dominates the city...but this was during the nba finals...people calling in and talkin bout lsu replays...what color jersey they wear...what sweater saban wears....if the grass looked a lil greener that day...its summer...let it rest...nows the time i can understand talkin football...not in may, june, july

5. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Everyday is a good day to talk LSU football. The fact is, that the majority of people in this town don't care about the NBA finals, MLB, NHL, etc.... Football is king around here, and LSU is wearing the crown.

6. Jericho

Jericho Freshman

I agree with that 100%

7. purplejoe

i just dont see how you can sit there and repeat the same stuff on radio shows everyday....like call in and talk about last season everyday...talk bout watching the lsu replay on tv....talk about what you think lsu will do this year..it gets old...why not mention whats goin on in the world of sports at that time as opposed to just repeating the past

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Whenever I do listen to local radion, the stuff you just mentioned is exactly what I want to hear on the local shows. If I want to hear coverage about "the world of sports" then I listen to nationally syndicated shows.

9. purplejoe

i guess i just dong get it....how many times a day can you hear people make season predictions for lsu...and then call the next day and do the same thing...

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

How many days are in a year? :grin: