Rae Sykes

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by j0nathanr0y, Apr 5, 2006.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Where is the guy that goes to school with Sykes? Is this guy still a lock for LSU?

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Brandon Warren? The guy that signed with FSU?

Or is there a guy that is in the same class as Sykes?

3. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

There was a guy who played football or just went to school with Sykes on the forums. He was telling us months ago that Sykes loved the Tigers...I was just wondering if that guy was still around and if there was any new word.

By the way, how do you do a seach on Tigerforums?

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

dunno if you can do it without ponying up the cash, G.

5. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

You may be talking about me. I live in the same town and my kids go to the Alcoa middle and elementary schools. Rae is a rising senior at Alcoa High. We are a small community outside of Knoxville with a bunch of d1 prospects. Yes, Rae is still interested in the Tigers and still has them on top of his list last time I spoke with him. He has two other classmates, Chris Shiverdecker and Kyrus Lanxter who are also being recruited by several major programs. Last year we sent Brandon Warren, a 5 star, to FSU and Dustin Lindsey to TN. Three other guys went to smaller programs like TN Chattanooga and MTSU and another one is a prefered walk-on at UT.

Not bad for a class that will graduate 70 something kids next month! TN has been hot on Shiverdecker lately and I wish we would go after him, but he said so far he has not heard from us. He is a tailback who was the MVP of the State Championship game last year even though he backed up Lindsey.

Lanxter is a wr/db and he is being recruited by Louisville, WVU, TN and now Notre Dame. He can fly!! The scary thing is that Sykes is almost as fast as he is and he is a defensive end.

6. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

This article was in the Knoxville paper today regarding Rae.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/govols/article/0,1406,KNS_294_4635522,00.html

So far, this year looks no different. UT and LSU are the front-runners for defensive end Rae Sykes, according to Nix. And Louisville and West Virginia top the list for wide receiver/safety Kyrus Lanxter. All four schools offered scholarships earlier than the competition.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Lot of talent coming out of that small school, indeed! Hope we can land Sykes.