Ragheads fire missiles at Americans stationed in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Jan 7, 2020.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Trump tweets ‘All is well!’ after Iranian missile attack
    https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2020/01/trump-tweets-all-is-well-after-iranian-missile-attack.html

[​IMG]
    @realDonaldTrump
    All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

Iran retaliates with missile attacks on U.S. troop locations in Iraq
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/07/iran-retaliation-iraq-base-095869

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hear the attack was largely ineffective and as @tirk says an obligatory face saver for Iran. Still, we can't let this go unpunished but it's not necessary at this time to attack targets in Iran. I say destroy their bases within Iraq, something we have every right to do.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

I agree, face saver,.. I read Iran avoided hitting our troops, and don't want an escalation, said Trump wants this to cool off too

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think we can let it go.

my wife and one of adult daughters fight all the time. They are a total genetic match, and they have to have the last word. A statement such as “shit stinks” will result in a 30 minute back and forth.

the same here. We don’t need the last word. Doing so simply ensures there will be another go round.

the entire universe can see, plainly, we killed a treasured Iranian, “asset” and the Iranians blew up a bunch of sand. Let it go.

6. HalloweenRun

Oil prices in free fall! As predicted!!!
    [​IMG]

watson1880 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've got about half a tank. I hope I can make it until the price go back to what they were..

watson1880 and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. HalloweenRun

As of 2:30 EST, the air line industry seems relieved, earlier today there was no one over either the Gulf, Iran, or Iraq:
    [​IMG]

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Was a pretty scary evening. My brother in-law is on one of those bases, we heard from him finally last night. I hope this back and forth ends here.

10. GiantDuckFan

President Trump addresses nation, says U.S. is ‘ready to embrace peace’
    https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2020/01/donald-trump-addresses-nation-says-us-is-ready-to-embrace-peace.html

WASHINGTON — The U.S. and Iran stepped back from the brink of possible war Wednesday, as President Donald Trump indicated he would not respond militarily after no one was harmed in Iran’s missile strike on two Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops.

Speaking from the White House, Trump seemed intent on de-escalating the crisis, which reached a new height after he authorized the targeted killing last week of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds Force. Iran retaliated overnight with its most direct assault on America since the 1979 seizing of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, firing more than a dozen missiles from its territory at the installations in Iraq.