Ragheads fire missiles at Americans stationed in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Jan 7, 2020.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Did any of you notice the expressions on the generals’ faces during Trump’s statement? Talk about the last place in the world they wanted to be. At least the Navy Admiral was smart enough to hide behind the pillar.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We definitely should let this benign shit go unpunished. Til they fuck up again which won't be long unfortunately. This was scripted.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. tirk

Why? His speech was fuggin awesome.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fuck yeah it was. We have a President with a set of titanium balls and the world better damn well know it!

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

Thomas Friedman is on a roll! 1/8/2019 NYT

When I step back and get some distance on this latest clash between President Trump and Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, it becomes obvious to me that what we have here are two bald men fighting over a comb.

We have two old men, with old ideas, fighting over a country that neither should want — Iraq — and over a 20th-century resource — oil — that is decreasingly relevant to a 21st-century nation’s economy and for a strategic goal — to dominate the Middle East — that no sane leader should want to achieve, because all that you win is a bill.

In short, it’s just so much fury that will change so little.

Which is why, when I hear Fox News’ flag-waving commentators claiming that those who don’t support Trump in his careening around the Middle East are being unpatriotic, I want to burst out laughing, because it is so pathetic.

And when I watch tens of thousands of Iranians take to the streets to mourn the death of Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani — whose true legacy is mayhem in the nations around Iran and an enormous body count of young Iranians and Arabs seeking democracy — I want to burst out crying, because it is so pathetic.

Data is the new oil. Who has it and how do you distill the insights from it, and then productize and monetize those insights, is the new economic driver that in the long run will determine a country’s wealth and security in the 21st century — not black crude.

That is why former Saudi oil minister Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani’s old warning — the stone age did not end because we ran out of stones; it ended because we invented new tools — is more relevant today than ever.

Rolan and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

interesting piece,.. this line cracked me up,. "it becomes obvious to me that what we have here are two bald men fighting over a comb.",.. though to be fair, I don't see this as Trump's fight,.. he's stepped into it, rightfully I think, but it's certainly not his doing,.. the blame for this mess goes to peckerhead Bush jr. and the lying neocons who conned us into invading Iraq

7. HalloweenRun

I liked, “The Stone Age didn’t end because we ran out of stones . . . .’

lsu-i-like, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  8. tirk

I like Friedman but he needs to lsu off the weed. Still almost irrelevant to the original question.

9. HalloweenRun

Here’s some red meat to you guys:
    [​IMG]

el005639, onceanlsufan and Bengal B like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

They want war. Trump told them to pound sand, sounds like.