Raiders vs. Saints

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by GregLSU, Sep 11, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

sadly it was the best defended ball of the entire game, crabtree made an incredible catch

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Clearly uncatchable, but Del Rio was in their ear all day for the penalties the Raiders got, so yeah, they pussed out by not ruling it uncatchable.

3. islstl

turning point was the missed 50 yard fg, i knew oakland was going to score 7 on the short field

i really thought we should have gone for it at the 32 with only 3 yards to go

especially with the way brees was clicking

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought the turning point was 1st and goal inside the 5 and settling for 3. A TD there seals the W.
    Why throw a fade to Cadet? It was a favorable matchup, but he's no WR and was unable to get the 2nd foot down.

5. islstl

actually the big play costing us dearly was the drop by Fleener inside the ten, just before the 50 yard miss

chance to go up 34-19

6. islstl

it appeared that foot was down when the ball entered his hands, it was mighty close

fanatic likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I thought that too, but it really was a better call than a couple of the int's they gave us. Robertson through his hands up and made no attempt to look for the ball; classic face-guarding call. Also heard Hebert awhile ago saying that crew has a reputation for calling games very tight. 21 penalties combined.

8. mctiger

I don't remember ever seeing Brandon Coleman out there. Cadet was always the 4th receiver.

9. mctiger

Agreed, there wasn't much more Crawley could have done. Turning point; when Breaux went out, leaving us with our top 3 cornerbacks all playing their first games. Against Crabtree and Cooper? Trouble

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Looked 100% like a designed play. Was a 1940's qb keeper all the way. I had a good view of it. (thats not the play - that was at the end)
    2016-09-11 15.40.26.jpg

Yes, Payton needs his head examined. Also, blown timeouts likely cost us the game.

defense looked good for awhile. breaux and the rest of the injured dbs really put the secondary in a tough spot. Breaux has a broken fibula reportedly.

crawley is garbage but damn was all over crabtree. Shocked the offensive line played as well as it did. Would be a good time to trade brandin cooks (just not a fan) but they do need someone to stretch the field.

Dline got no sacks. dennis allen really showed his old team they made a mistake.

Michael Thomas looks to be a keeper.