Rain?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm just fixn' to head out to Tiger Stadium and its drizzling here at my house about 6 miles from LSU and there is a huge green mass on the radar on TV. Damn, now its raining pretty hard.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Yep. Bust my butt getting ready for the first tailgate of the season and it's raining. Thanks Mother Nature!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now they're calling it TD 11 (for tropical depression 11) I hope thats at least some kind of an omen that LSU scores 11 TDs.

4. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

I am not a weatherman, but I have this feel that the weather is going to pass and be beautiful come game-time! If it stays this way, everybody to the west will get the worst part.

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bring it. I'll take one for the team.

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Hawthorne just said it is raining as hard as he's ever seen it in Tiger Stadium. Now they're delayed due to the weather.

7. J2K

J2K Founding Member

It was pouring. None of the students left. It was louder during the rain than any other time during the game.

8. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

That was a freaking tropical storm out there.

9. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

I cant believe Hawthorne said it was raining harder than he had ever seen before.. Wasn't he at the LSU/Miami game in 88 you couldn't see the field. I can remeber a Florida State game that had harder rain also. The FSU game did not have as strong of winds but the game agaisnt the Hurricanes did---in fact I think that game was played in a Hurricane..

10. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

That rain was nuts. It started drizzling during the first play from scrimmage and then the floodgates opened about five plays later.

If you go to LSUsports.net, there's a photo gallery from yesterday's game. Notice the difference in the clouds between when the band marches onto the field and when the team comes out five minutes later.