Rainstorm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Aug 31, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I was glad to see most of the 89,000 stayed for the game even though there was a 39 minute rain delay. The student section almost stayed completly full even during the down pour. I was in the student section and I have to say I hade a great time. Standing in that down pour was awsome. It was one of the hardest rains I've seen. What was a dissapointment was by the last few minutes of the 3rd quater the stadium was 1/3 full. I know it was nasty outside and I can understand that, but the best parts of the game were not until Randal came into the game and by that time lots of people already left. I stayed stayed until the clock read 0:00 in the fourth quarter and watched the Tigers beat up ULM(Well sort of beat up)

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was the worst rain I've seen in my 30 years in the stadium. I've seen more wind and more lightning. Games have been delayed because of lightning before. I've also seen worse visibility. There have been a couple of fog games where neither the upper decks nor the field could be seen from my medium-height seats in the north end zone.

But I've never seen more rain. Everybody was completely soaked, even if they had a slicker. I'm glad it was a fairly warm rain. But if it had been a cold winter rain, they would have been hauling people out if there with hypothermia. I stay until 0:00, but I cut women and children, the ill and the elderly some slack under those conditions.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Well I can understand that. Don't want to get sick because you stayed for the entire game. Sometimes your health is more important than Tiger Football. If it were 80 degrees and sunny then I would be pissed. Towards the end I was getting kinda cold and thought about leaving but I figured I had stayed for 3 and 1/2 quarters so why not stay the game.

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i was impressed with the student section aswell.

when it started i just knew that the "sorstitutes":) were gonna make their dates high tail it out of there....but man, i was wrong....the girls in their nice dresses were just dancin in the rain.

Tiger Band kept up the tunes and everybody had a good time...loudest part of the game was during the rain.

the game for the most part was ZZzzzz. the first quarter and a half was a real snooze fest....looking forward to real football in Tiger Stadium.

5. GasMan

GasMan Founding Member

Congrats to South endzone, too

the South endzone was pretty much packed until late in the game when most other sections beside the students had long since thinned out. That's some hard-core Tiger fans.