Ralph Nader

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tiger fan 2001, Feb 22, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actually its obvious what Nader has stated that the line between democrats and republicans is minimal and both sides have their hands out in Congress. All want pork, all are up for the bidding wars. If you think one side is holier than the other, I suggest you look again.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The right wing is saving your sorry ass. God help us if we put one of you pussy Democrats in power only to see us weaken once again in terms of defense and security.

We all know that the Republican Party is the only party that believes in a strong national defense.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Why is it too much to ask? Are you under the assumption that
    you are the only one capable of forming an intelligent opinion, and that everybody else is too stupid? Especially if the
    opinion they form is different from yours?

I'm an independent by the way (conservative leaning), and I resent that remark. Statements like yours are what conservatives are talking about when they refer to "liberal elitist snobbery". You aren't winning over any converts with rhetoric like that.

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Whereas the Democratic Party believes in finding out why
    we've pissed off these terrorists, and taking steps to avoid
    offending them anymore, so we can all live in peace and harmony (insert chorus of "Kumbaya" here). Because everyone knows that the 9/11 attacks were, of course, our fault, due to the fact that we didn't do more to mollify our radical
    Islamic brethren (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

The left in this country (no make that globally) needs a wake-up call, the likes of which they've never seen. 9/11 didn't
    shock them back to reality, so I'm not sure what will. But they need something to make them understand that there are bad people out there, who don't care what side of the political spectrum you're on...these bad people just want you dead because you are different. For no other reason. It's as simple as that.

5. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

G-Man, be careful with your generalities if you don't mind.
    I know Erin was being a bit disingenuous with his claim to be an independent and then proceding to blast the independent and Republican candidates for President, obviously clearing the way for the Democratic candidate to be President.
    But there are alot of people like myself who I'd guess you'd call members of the left who believe the economic right-wing of this country have sold-out or flat out don't care about the middle and lower economic class in this country.
    The trickle-down kool-aid that many Republicans sell to the voters is getting stale.
    We send jobs overseas at a record clip, the tax code is adjusted to the benefit of the upper incomes, we created and protect tax dodges for the upper class and we do nothing about the taxes that really crush the lower and middle classes such as gasoline taxes and FICA.
    Now I'm realistic enough to realize that its not all Democrats or all Republicans who are on one side of these issues or the other, but the realistic viewpoint is that the Republican party cares more about corporate fatcats and the inheritance class than the working people in this country.
    And while I'm conservative on social issues, I can't understand why the Republican party as a general message sells out the conservative voters on social issues and basically does nothing of substance that I can tell for the middle and lower class on economic issues.

6. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

Why do you chose to ask me if I am under the assumption? Seems you are the one assuming "liberal elistist snobbery " I am a registered independent because I take issue with both parties tacts and lean with the GOP on my money matters and the Democrats on most other issues, except I do tend to vote at the local level "Throw the bum out" (irrespective of party). BTW - what is a "liberal"? I think (not assumming here) that this is another class one can register as. So, calling someone a liberal elititst snob is really typecasting - don't you agree? I'm not trying to convert anyone - I'm just advocating that people get informed instead of voting because of one thing. This is probably one of the most divisive political situations I can remember - I'd liken it to the hot button issues abortion and capital punishment - you can feel the way you do and you will not change someone's else's differing opinion. And, yes I do recognize that many people have a different opinion from mine. Do you?

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

But... but,..... You gave her WRONG advice...... I mean if she reads and has ANY sense at all, she will find out the truth and LORD knows the DNC doesn't want that. OMG I mean what single MOM in her right mind would want less taxes, a safer homeland and a better economy?? My God quick got catch her and get her to tune into CNN so she will vote for Kerry. You still have time if you hurry now............

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the left of this country would rather see the SEARS tower fall and Islamic jihad soldiers spilling in from all borders than loose a shot at the White House and power. it's an andy Griffith world they live in. No liberal will take up arms to defend a brother, unless a Scud missle flies straight up his own ass. Even then if he is convinced his onw would dis own him and feed him to the sharks saying he was a conservative all along.
    Peace without Liberty is Slavery

"If we wish to be free, if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending, if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained _ we must fight!" Patrick Henry

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

M.O.M.:

You will kindly refrain from telling me how to post. This IS the area known as "Free Speech Alley", and if you don't like
    what I have to say, then the "ignore" feature is always open to you. I haven't been obscene, nor have I attacked anybody personally...I asked Erin about a comment she made about
    the ability of the rank and file voter to think for himself/herself.

This is as civil as I intend to be on this matter, so if you don't like it...well, T.S.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

It's interesting that you choose to answer a question w/ another question...it tells me that you can't defend what you originally said, and have to deflect MY question.

OK, let me get back to the original question: Why do you think it's
    a lot to ask of the typical voter to think for himself/herself? Don't
    you think that's a snobbish assumption? A simple answer will do.