Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Ramen Noodles Can Kill You

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't eat them often but I kind of like them. I don't like Jack-in-the-Box hamburgers

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member Staff Member

I used to take those things down but got ill when I ordered them at the Siegan/Perkins location. It was bad and haven't had the courage to give them another chance.

TigersTailgating likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Is this a rhetorical question...or have you actually never seen one?

They are deep fried with a piece of American cheese in the middle with some "taco meat" which resembles canned dog food. They also have lettuce inside that I think has also been deep fried.

My ex-husband was from San Diego and grew up eating these. In 1995, we once drove from Baton Rouge to Houston just to be around Jack-in-the-Box for a couple of days. Incidentally, that was the year we split up. Coincidence? Hmmm...maybe not.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's real dedication. One time I thought about driving from Baton Rouge to Hammond to get some Krystal Burgers but I didn't actually do it

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I guess you could call that dedication. We were so freakin' poor that both of our cars' A/C's were broken, so we rented a compact car to make the drive (which we couldn't afford.) And I was only 24, so come to find out, I wasn't old enough to rent the car, but he was three years older.

lsutiga likes this.
  6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I will use them when cooking up stir fry, but under no circumstances do I use the included seasoning packet...

7. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I've never been able to bring myself to eat any, ever. My girls used to. I thought they still did but when I showed them the article on yahoo, I learned they no longer do.

8. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

I feel the same way about SubWay... went for lunch one day back in '99... ended up in the ER with a major case of food poisoning... Will never eat there again.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I'm hungry and there is no choice but fast food I almost always choose Subway. Just look at the other choices

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm not paying someone else to make me a damn sandwich. I can do that at home.