Rams/Saints

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 15, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What is most troubling is the 232 yards of offense by the Rams and how the Saints defense more times than not can't seem to help rescue a poor effort by the Saints offense.

This is a Rams offense averaging 312 yards a gain and playing without their only true big weapon in Tavon Austin.

2. islstl

Jenkins has been the weak link on this defense all year long. Another bad angle and poor effort to tackle the ball carrier. A great free safety makes you pay on that play.

3. islstl

Jets just scored, now only down 16-13.

It would be a small miracle if they could pull it out but it would mean everything to the Saints not to have to go to Carolina and win that game.

The only issue remaining would be the Eagles. If they win out and we lose to Carolina and beat Tampa, we're still the 3 seed and have no bye week. Dallas would have to save us in week 17. Imagine that.

4. islstl

So if the Saints lose to Carolina next week, Carolina would have to lose at Atlanta (which is possible) in week 17. Then we have to hope for Dallas to beat Philly.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You're right, the Saints need O-linemen terribly.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Also where is Jimmy Graham? And Lance Moore used to a 3rd down and goal line weapon, now he is a liability.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Embarrassing loss! How in the fuck do you beat Carolina that bad and lose to this sorry ass team? Can't play outside the Mercedes Benz Superdome. One an done in the playoffs...

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've been looking at Graham's home/road splits for this season, and really expected to find out he, like the team, is much better at home than on the road. But that's not the case. Not including today....37 catches for 474 yds (12.8 ypc) and 9 TDs in 7 home games, 37 for 572 (15.5 ypc) and 5 TDs in 6 road games. That aside, I'm starting to reconsider my earlier stance that trading Graham is absolutely inconceivable. The eye test seems to indicate that Brees can make a star out of any receiver that can get open and hold the ball, and you have to think its going to be almost impossible to pay JG what he's going to command, and take care of the team's number one problem, which is to fix this incredibly sorry offensive line. But I'd hate to lose him.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm with you. I'd HATE to lose him, but our O-Line is garbage. Pure garbage. And if we pay him what he's worth, coupled with Drew's contract, it's not going to leave any money to upgrade a worthless offensive line. There's no reason in the world we should have lost this game today. The Rams secondary is near the bottom of the league, we were indoors, and we had matchup advantages everywhere. But, we don't give 9 any time to throw, all of that is meaningless and it was proven again today.

I don't want to lose Graham, but what other alternatives do we have?

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The Rams young D-Line is pretty good (Brockers, Long, Quinn) so give them credit.

A side note: Former LSU Tiger Joe Barksdale shut Cameron Jordan down.

But yes, our O-line is soft.