Politics Rand Paul Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Nov 3, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

hmmm...a Republican that NC and MM are considering? I'd be leery about voting for him. :D

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I distrust all politicians

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

it's definitely a lesser of two evils kind of thing. for me, I look for the one who are acting most like the adults in the room.....right now, at least for me, that's the D's more times than not. Not that they are perfect....far from it

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

we are actually employing reverse psychology techniques to trick you into voting for Hillary......:p

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yak, yak, yak.

Make a case for Paul or shut the fuck up.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I will never vote for a Liberal. However, any Republican nominee is against abortion, same sex marriage, etc... Even if he was a stronger Libertarian (on social issues), I don't favor laissez faire economics. Humanity has proven incapable of a governmental hands off approach. I wish we could but history repeats itself.

There has to be a good in-between. Perhaps in an alternate universe there is a perfect candidate.

tirk likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not as bad as to completely write them ALL off.

If you think ALL R's are bad, you are just as much of a loon.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I shouldn't have to make a case for a well informed voter.

You should do your own homework and not look at D's or R's but rather the merit of each individual.

I might be an R by classification, but I know good people are both D's, R's I's, white, black, brown, female, male, foreign, etc.

I would never be as so bold to pass judgement based on a single characteristic.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i'll make a case for him, I like his foreign policy to an extent, he has said the party needs to change on many things and he has shown himself to be for real on minority outreach. He doesnt care about the war on drugs, he thinks police militarization needs to end. He went to Ferguson himself to see what was going on before jumping to the standard conservative think of Brown deserved it. Fiscally ive always been somewhat conservative, but he has compassion for those who needed. That lines up with my thinking.

Its a lot to like about this guy and some bad things as well, i think he will veer far to the right during primaries.

gyver, Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That would be a mistake if he wants to swing the moderates. It won't buy him any tea baggers and would cost him independents and progressive democrats. His best move is to the center.