Randall had touch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EELSU1, Jan 1, 2003.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

I don't know why Randall wasn't pulled out when it was painfully obvious that he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with his injury.

2. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

<<< I don't know why Randall wasn't pulled out when it was painfully obvious that he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with his injury. >>>

I'm with you, LSU4Life, but who was the alternative? Claussen doesn't have the experience needed against a team like Texas, and to be honest, if Claussen would have took any of the shots Randall was taking in the second half, they would have had to send Claussen back to B.R. in a wheelchair. He's too fragile.

Next year, I think we all will finally be happy with the depth LSU will have at the QB position. I'd say what LSU will have at QB will be the best in the SEC. Let's say Randall were to become 3rd string. I'd feel confident as heck having him come into a game.

3. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Dude?? Did you really want Saban to throw Clausen in there? Not me!:confused:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Any LSU fan who wants Saban fired, now or last year needs to have his head checked. I dont blame Saban for Starting Randall, he is the best we had.

O.k. I will leave it at this, I am judging Randall on his performance since he took over. He has had 2 good Quarters of Football, 1st in Cotton, and 3rd in USC. Look what LSU did with a QB who was doing his job. They dominated. I wish Randall well, but for me, and I guess I may be in the minority. I dont wish to see Randall play QB for LSU anymore. But if Saban says he is the best we have, then I will trust Sabans judgement.

I am very proud of LSU and the effort of our team the last 3 years since Saban graced out Sidelines, I am proud of Randall, I just dont think he has what it takes to be a quality SEC QB, and you have seen what LSU can do with a QB who can simply execute his job. They will dominate.

It seems to me, the biggest hole we have right now is QB, and LB. I think we will be surpised at LB. We have the RB's and WR's. Could use a DB or two, but otherwise, fill those holes and another SEC title is soon to come.

5. TexasTigers

No Clausen is worse, I had some bozo behind me screaming Pull Randall, I looked at him and said, "Are you serious ??" He may not be very good, but he is the best we got and gives us the best chance to win.

No I support Saban in every decision he made yesterday, even the on-side kick and the Fake Punt.

6. I hear what you all are saying. If we can get at least 2 of the 3 top recruits on our short list (Flynn, Lane and Russell) then I see a promising year next year. Mauck will be back and both he and Randall should be improved. I think our depth at the position will be stellar. I would like to see one of the freshmen get into the mix for experience sake (I.e. Brody Croyle, Shockley). The offense should be very good next year, it's the defense I'm worried about. No more Brady James : (

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I say dead heat

I think competition makes players better and I expect Mauck and Randall BOTH to get an opportunity to win the job. Unfortunately, competition for QB can divide a team although I think this aspect is exxagerated sometimes. I'm assuming Lane would be unavailable for spring practice (does not graduate from HS early) and unlikely to compete for next year. I'd like to hear feedback on his chances if anyone knows.

On the one hand, I think Mauck would've given us a chance to compete vs. Auburn and Bama. He probably would've let the game come to him rather than forcing the issue like Randall. However, Randall played decent or well in EVERY OTHER GAME. I actually liked the way he ran the offense in the last three games and I agree that the injury affected his performance yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was his "plant" foot that was injured. Also, he took a big shot to the head in the 3rd quarter. Not really trying to make excuses. I just feel that Randall at the end of the year was equal to Mauck when he went down. Equal experience and similar ability. Let them battle for the job.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Just do not forget that up until Florida (maybe ULL) a lot of us were saying Mauck was not good enough to be a SEC QB.

I agree that Randall had a very bad second half, but missed tackles killed us on two of those long plays. Missed FG. Hunt also showed he is not ready yet to be a starting FS. I think he will get better with a full year behind him. Randall cannot be blamed for the fumble return in the first half. He got leveled. It was a bad protection scheme.

Randall may not be the QB next year, but as a redshirt sophmore who did not really play a lot as a freshman he showed some promise. He also gave us some great plays. If he can quit getting rattled and keep up his mechanics to hit those throws he may develope further. He is not Rohan, but I am not sure the Rohan we remember from last year was as a sophmore as good as he was as a senior.

With our QB situation this year and next I think we need a QB coach( or a grad assistant who played QB) on the sideline to give them guidance face to face during the game. Keep the OC in the booth but have someone on the sideline.

9. TexasTigers

In all the negativity I have spewed in the last 8 hours, I will say this, I am very proud to be an LSU tiger, I feel privledged I got the honor of watching a class man like Bradie James play football, and not just his play on the field, but the man he has become at LSU. He is something all of us should stive to be, a scholar who has a bright future after football, conducts himself with class, and dominates on the gridiron.

If Randall is our guy next year, I may not be happy, but I will give him a chance, and will support our team. I will again send in my bowl request the first day it comes out for every bowl LSU maybe invited to. I will renew my season tickets the first day I get the bill.

I am wearing my LSU shirt today in the midst of UT fans who are continuing to show the arrogance of what we encountered yesterday. The good news is 3 of them work for me so those three have not even come into my office.
    I still have my flags on my car and drove into work today with a smile on my face...

The reason, because I am an LSU tiger, I dont play football, but I am an LSU tiger, and you know what, I would not trade that for the world. LSU football is great, but after seeing Longhorn fans, and being exposed to other fans like Arkansas. I realize, we are the luckiest group of people in the US, because we are not them.
    People can insult us like they always do I am sure some jackass UT fan will (or other rival poster), I dont care, I am proud to be from Louisiana, to be from LSU. I am damn proud, of our team, our coach and our state. I live in Texas, but I am no Texan.
    I told my Brother yesterday, I wish I could move back but I have a great job when my company moved me here, and my family comes first. But I long for the day, I can drive back home and plant my flag in Baton Rouge again.

We came to Dallas and kicked its tail. Dallas is raving about LSU fans. We may have lost, but in the eyes of true football fans, we showed the US what being an LSU fan is all about.
    Had Randall held it together, and LSU had gone up 24-0. You would have seen UT fans leave like Rats leaving a sinking ship.

We are LSU, and for that I am thankful, god allowed me to be born in Louisiana..

And its great to be an LSU tiger. It really really is...