Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JTV, Nov 11, 2002.

1. JTV

JTV Founding Member

After watching this week's game I'm now convinced that Marcus is more effective throwing the ball deep than short or intermediate. With the speed we have at WR, I suggest opening the offense up a little. Marcus' confidence should be pretty high for this game considering his Kentucky success, and adding the fact that we are returning home. I hope Jimbo includes half a dozen deep passes in the Alabama game plan. If nothing else, it will give us a little more running room, but my bet is that we'll connect on a couple of big plays to Devery and Clayton...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I felt like they were going deep a little too often considering the way MR has been consistently overthrowing his receivers.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

It seems Randall is having a problem of overthrowing his recievers. It is like he is throwing too far in order to make sure the defender doesn't get it. You got to just drop it right in and let you reciver make the play. It also seems like he will throw a little behind the recivers on short routes coming back across the field.

4. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

We have to pass more!

Bama's secondary is still the weak link in their defense and we have to exploit it like we did last year (and GA did this year). With the talent we have at WR, we need to open up the offense more and let Randall spread it around.

5. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Wellll - We are fourth in pass defense..

You are third in rushing defense. In all, there's only three yards separating the two teams in total defense. It makes as much sense to say that the rush is your weakness, so we need to rush more. Right?

6. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Tide your not Lou Holtz are you? He said almost the same thing b4 the LSU/ SC game, alibet a little more tounge in cheek, and then to come out and do that very same thing the first quarter!

7. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

I'm sure I got too deep in the stats....

Point is, I'm sure DC is still thinking about last year's game. It might shed some light to look at this year's numbers, even some of our film from this year. To call our pass defense this year a "weak link" is basically somewhat silly.