Randolph to Enter NBA Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 3, 2008.

1. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

I dont think he would going into next season w/o the redshirt he only has one year remaining. If he transfers doesn't he lose a year of elegibilty? Or am I wrong?

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If the reports about the agent are true, then it is solid because there is no going back if he did. However, a few days before this news broke LSU mentioned he was making plans to get an agent in line in case he decided to go to the NBA. Maybe a source took that as he was hiring an agent.

With it looking more and more like Butch not going to be at LSU, I say it is likely he is gone.

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Well Crap..... why didn't we just hire one of the LSU guys as AD, Hire BP to a two year lets see contract & keep all the current players & the new recruits.. why is that so hard to do??

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

<++++++++++++ fingers crossed hoping he stays to put on weight and raise his prospects...(if he's truly top 7, not sure how much higher his prospects will go...)

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

There is no way this team could be any worse!:rolleye33:

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

8. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

U got me. Rob Evans. :thumb:

As for this team, come on it isn't that bad! That's essentially the team that went 5-5 with Butch right? Minus Randolph, maybe, but plus Tas', a more experienced Garrett Green, and Graham, Harris and Warren. I don't think some of the things you say above are all that critical, b/c I don't think our team is dependent on the improved play of Martin and Q'. It's better with GTemple being more assertive, Marcus and Spencer with another year AND, Chris Johnson with a few more pounds on (please just give me even 10 more pounds!) and healthy. Don't underestimate the talent either of Graham, Harris and Warren. Live athletic bodies who will mix in nicely with the veterans.

Plus, if the next coach is SOOO much better than Brady, then we should be winning the SEC right? :thumb:

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i was only talking about the 5 mentioned, not Tas or the recruits.

there are too many holes--rebounding, post O and D, 2nd shooter. honestly, Tas is the key now because he can at least partly fill all those holes. If he goes, it will absolutely be miraculous to get a .500 sec season.

10. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

This team needs some stability... players leaving, quiting, going early, coaches getting fired, committments changing minds... would be nice to see things kinda line out for a year or so... Maybe a new coach will solve all this but also seems retaining BP could solve some of it... New coach coming this week so I hear... who???