Randolph to Enter NBA Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 3, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree with some of your points but no one thinks thinks they have a chance to get drafted. This is only an opportunity that the athletes, who are on summer break, want to persue to get their name out for when they are possible draft picks down the road. All coaches do this and if they didn't they would not get the recruits to even attend their school which would put the coaches job in jeopardy.

Just the name of the game and athletes go to schools to play basketball with the hope of playing in the NBA one day. They do not play basketball to go to school for most top athletes.

Also the SEC is not a strong conference for basketball like you referred to in your post.

Draft Camp is one week out of the year so losing focus on the team are school is not really a concern with all the other things these players do during the summer to get ready for the next season.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I wish the new coach could convince Randolph to give LSU at least another year, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hired agent so that chance went to 0%.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i do not think cjohnson is ready for the nba, but neither bass, swift nor thomas were 6' 11" or could shoot like johnson

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

the Advocate today reports that these "hired agent" reports were rumors, and that the Randolph family had interviewed with agents, but had not signed with anyone yet. Presumably, they wanted to see who the next coach was and whether Butch was staying around. Stay tuned. Randolph was one of the first folks Johnson was going to meet with...