Random declarations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jmg, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Frozen vegetables are not damaged by the freezing process, and are frozen at their peak. Frozen vegetables are cheap as hell and obscenely healthy. A sack of frozen broccoli/cauliflower is more or less free and eating it will turn you into mike trout.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Understood.

Maybe the concussion issue will lead to the demise of football in favor of futbol, making America competitive.

I will miss football Sundays, but I will cheer for nyc fc when they play Barcelona in champions league 2024

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I moved to frozen fruit and veggies and they are much cheaper and dont go bad and just as good.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I want to fast forward to a future where, like Europe, every town has a low level pro or semi -pro soccer team, that has a chance to move up a level if they play well. So Baton Rouge would have a nice little stadium, soccer specific, and all the best kids in town grow up through their academy, and the Baton Rouge team plays a huge rivalry with New Orleans and Lafayette and eventually is called up and called up until they are playing Chicago at the premier level, while some other team like Charlotte or whatever is getting relegated down. So every local team generates endless interest with a chance to move up. That would be awesome.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

So they are easy and cheap, but healthier? Maybe as healthy as fresh, but I'm not connecting the dots as to how they are more healthy. I grow a huge percentage of the veggies I eat and supplement that w/ fresh veggies from local sources.

I do have numerous bags of frozen in my freezer and they are good, just not buying that they are better.

On a different note, there is nothing like picking okra in the morning and frying it that evening for dinner. It is some of the most tasty stuff you can put in your mouth.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think this eventually will happen.

This, hopefully will never happen. Soccer is deplorable, it is as unwatchable as girls basketball

el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I used to believe that until I went to my kids' games and actually learned the game. The nice thing is it is nonstop. Football only has 5 or so seconds of action then 2-5 minutes of waiting.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Here's my random thought:

[​IMG]

I don't care anything about soccer at any level but:
    US women's soccer generated $20 million more than men's soccer last year. Men are paid $5000 per game when they lose and up to $17,000 per game when they win, depending upon the quality of the opponent. Women are paid $1,500 per game when they win and nothing when they lose. More kids wear the jerseys of women's players than men. The women deserve to get paid. Women's tennis players don't deserve as much as the men. Men play the best 3 out of 5 sets while women only play 2 out of 3 for the same money.

How do you see that playing out? What path do you see for Kasich for the GOP nomination?

Catholics in Louisiana don't blow themselves up to kill non Catholics.

In the past if I had had a son I would have encouraged him if he wanted to play football. Now with all the info about concussions and CTE I would discourage him. I would buy him a set of golf clubs and hope he didn't get hit by lightning on the course.

For every player who says it's not worth it and quits there are 500 players who will gladly take his place.

You have been drinking early this morning. Rogers is an elite QB and a sure Hall of Famer but no way he is in a class with Montana, Brady, Brees, P. Manning

It's hard to believe that soccer is bigger than any level of football from pee wee to pro in Texas.

If soccer wasn't nonstop all the games would end up 0-0. Soccer is a stupid game watched by people stupid enough to get excited enough to act out violence over a game.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are looking at the soccer pay wrong.

1st they compared a woman's World Cup year and a non men's World Cup year.

Second, the men's attendance is far greater even when they suck.

Third men's games charge almost double in ad revenue.

Fourth even when The men lost early in 2014, the world cups payout to them was 8 mil. There is far more money, attendance, and viewership on men vs women.

It's just a fact.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Plus when women play outside the us or Canada the stadium is empty. When the men play outside the us it is overflowing.

Tv revenues for the women's cup outside the us are nothing. Tv revenues for the men's World Cup are at Super Bowl levels around the world.

LSUpride123 likes this.