Random declarations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jmg, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the London team will spend half the year only on the road, and half in London. Other teams will play Thursday on the east coast, then have a long week to adjust to London time then maybe Monday night after they return. The NFL is so rich they can buy a 787 with 70 beds in it to keep everyone comfortable.

It will work. The team will be Jacksonville.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jville is the team most mentioned but it's not going to go over big with Houston, Indy and Tennessee in the AFC South if they do. This isn't so much whether the NFL can afford it. It's about a London team being able to sign and keep good players. If I was a free agent and could in demand for the highest bidder the only way I would consider London is if they payed be double the highest other offer and paid my taxes too.

If they are going to do it they need to add 3 more teams in Europe and have a European division. Hamburg Ers vs the Moscow Boys

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

CNN is running a report now about obesity vs hunger. Obesity, even globally, is bigger than hunger.

I maintain that giving to a food bank is counterproductive.

In general every charity is a bad idea, with a few exceptions like children's hospitals.

Charities are mostly an avenue for white people to feel good about themselves, or for Christians to spread their dirty lies.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Why would you need to be paid so much to play in London? What's wrong with London?

Given the same salary after taxes, I think London would be great. Unquestionably better than Jacksonville. I would hate to live in Jacksonville.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

you are fighting a losing battle here my friend.....the first lady has tried for the past 8 years to encourage healthier eating and exercise and all she's gotten is demonized by the right for allegedly trying to take away their cheese burgers.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I dunno how demonized she was for that, but I agree she is on the right track.

white people love to feel like they are saving the world. The white savior complex. "Look at me I helped feed the hungry!". Yeah, nice work, hero.

Hunger and homelessness is not a a food/housing scarcity problem. It's a mental health issue.

Chinese immigrants move to New York with no money and don't speak the language. They don't starve or live on the streets. You never see an Asian homeless man in America. Because they work hard, eat cheap food, and live together with their huge families in tiny apartments. prstty soon they have a kid and send her to Yale if she is average intelligence, Cornell if she is kinda dumb.

Giving people things messes them up. Charities are dumb. Feeding poor people is stupid. they can afford food.

If we care about poverty we will get a free trade guy like president kasich elected. Free trade is the solution to poverty.

The only thing I have ever changed my mind about in politics is national health care. I progressed from definitely against it to not exactly sure either way. The only real excuse for poverty and needing assistance is when you have a catastrophic health issue, which can make even middle class people bankrupt.

Of course in my world everything comes back to my horrifying racism, I think national health care works great when everyone is Japanese or Finnish. Not so much in the ghetto.

I put it his way: if you live in a country where you don't really need to lock up your bike when you ride it to the store, then national health care will work. If you need a kryptonite u lock to leave your bike for one minute like in New York, people are gonna abuse free health care.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Leave it to liberals to confuse encouraging and Mandates......

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Utopia.

I would love a world or place such as that, but at no point in our human history have this ever existed.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Wrong. there places, Japan for instance, where theft is so low that you are fine to not lock your bike. Even in cities. In Tokyo if you have a really expensive bike you should probably lock it with a small cable.

Same with places in Northern Europe, as long as there are no brown folks around, you can use the little lock attached to the fender that only stops the wheel from turning. You can still just carry the bike away. Nobody does. They do not take advantage of the system and ruin it for everyone.

This is why national health care works there. If you live in Finland it's fine. Not so much in New Orleans.

Man, I am one racist SOB

In my defense, Russians are white, and awful. Slavic whites are awful.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Some faulty reasoning. Bigger picture and all.

FIFA is corrupt as hell and they don't give a shit about women's soccer. Therefore, the decisions they make, which include broadcasting rights, are what you see, not whether the sport is popular or not.

"Through the first eight games of the Women’s World Cup, Fox FOX, -0.38% notes that viewership increased 73% from the same games in 2011 (1.05 million viewers this year vs. 598,000 then). As Awful Announcing points out, that’s better than the 41% and 46% increases ESPN saw during the men’s World Cup group stages in 2010 and 2014, respectively.....

the U.S. women’s peak group stage audience was still less than a third of the 19 million the men’s team drew on a Monday against Ghana during last year’s World Cup group stage.

That’s not a gender issue: It’s a financial issue. Back in 2005, ESPN and Univision spent $425 million for the broadcast rights to the men’s and women’s World Cups from 2007 through 2014. By last year’s World Cup in Brazil, ESPN had built an ecosystem capable of broadcasting games on multiple channels and through its WatchESPN app. It built itself into an ideal World Cup partner and, by 2011 and 2014, helped draw some of the largest audiences in men’s and women’s World Cup history.

Then FIFA made a cash grab. In 2011, Fox paid roughly $425 million for the broadcast rights to the men’s World Cup in 2018 and 2022 and this year’s women’s World Cup and the next women’s Cup in 2019. That didn’t look so bad until February, when FIFA — scrambling to secure December dates for its 2022 World Cup in sun-soaked Qatar (right at the end of the National Football League season) — awarded Fox the 2023 women’s World Cup and the 2026 World Cup without a bid."
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-the-womens-world-cup-isnt-getting-coverage-in-the-us-2015-06-22

And it's not just the US that watches.
    "The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015 Canada™ broke more records for television audiences in key markets across the world during the Round of 16 matches.

FIFA’s YouTube channel has now reached ten million views for content from Canada, totalling some 19 million minutes of viewing and contributing to the most successful month on record for the channel.

The seventh edition of FIFA’s flagship women’s football competition is benefiting from the strong support of broadcasters all over the world as well as increased investment in broadcast production by FIFA and surging interest among fans.

An average of 2.8 million viewers in Canada tuned in to CTV, TSN and RDS to watch the hosts beat Switzerland on their way to a quarter-final clash with England. That audience made it the most watched programme on Canadian television that day and a record for Canada from any FIFA Women’s World Cup™.

“These impressive viewing figures show just how popular the FIFA Women’s World Cup and women’s football are becoming all over the world,” said Niclas Ericson, FIFA’s Director of TV. “We are looking forward to seeing even bigger television audiences as we move into the latter stages of the tournament.”

China PR’s victory over Cameroon, shown on CCTV, attracted an average audience of five million in the Round of 16. That figure is a new high for the 2015 competition so far and eclipses any Chinese audience from the 2011 edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

And in Europe, France’s win against Korea Republic smashed the channel audience record for French broadcaster W9. An average of 2.8 million fans watched the match on W9, also more than any audience figures seen from France in 2011."
    http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/...s-more-tv-records-in-round-of-16-2653174.html

Men's sports will always be more popular and have bigger TV audiences. Unless you want to talk gymnastics (if you watch the men, you probably live in CA) or beach volleyball (you may live in CA but you don't drop your soap in the shower). All that aside, women's sports are growing in popularity and so what.

This is so stupid it's not even funny. Of course, some have made a similar comment about me, so.