Random facts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Jan 12, 2013.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Awesome......ok I meant in other types of confrontation!!!! Starting and ending wars type stuff.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Oh.

Also, you are a dick for making me google 'pussy punch'.

3. tigerchick46

Undefeated, still.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

It's not smart of you to assume they are the only source.

5. tigerchick46

It's in his contradictory nature

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

See post #21 in this thread.

Her critics charge that, although her charities totaled in the millions, she never spent any of that money to modernize her hospices, which were compared to concentration camps. Instead of making the dying, some of which were in excruciating pain, more comfortable, she believed that suffering was good for the soul and never allowed them to receive any pain medication stronger than an aspirin.

Instead, she devoted her charities' finances to her ministries, specifically her anti abortion anti contraceptive campaigns - campaigns which could be argued (especially anti contraceptive) were detrimental to the poor, which she claimed she cared so much about.

This in and of itself is not inherently evil, but when you consider her hypocrisy (whenever she was sick, she never used the doctors or the facilities at her charities; instead she flew by private jet to the best hospitals in the world) or the suffering that could have been eased had she allocated even a small % to her hospices, of the milliions donated to her, its hard to call those the actions of a saint.

She even doubted the existence of God, as indicated in her private letters released in 2002.

Jesus has a very special love for you. As for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great that I look and do not see, listen and do not hear.— Mother Teresa to the Rev. Michael Van Der Peet, September 1979

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1655720,00.html#ixzz2I0UDRNaF

7. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

"If you build a fire for a homeless man you can keep him warm for one night."
    "If you set a homeless man on fire you can keep him warm for the rest of his life."

--this quote seems to fit perfectly within the construct of Martin's thread.

shane0911 and tigerchick46 like this.
  8. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Fact: if the owner of the businesses son goes to work at the business. He will think he's the boss. Until he's handed a broom and told to stfu.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Did you just think of that while finishing up your sweeping duties? ;)

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

You need your own thread for moderately unfunny aphorisms