Random of the day

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LADYTIGERS!!, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Would you like Penn State in the SEC?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2011.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. LADYTIGERS!!

LADYTIGERS!! Veteran Member

I was doing some research and found that Penn State has played SEC teams 31 times since 2008 with a 16-16 record. And I thought would be cool if Penn State magically joined the SEC. I know they don't fit geographically, but they are a perfect SEC team in the north. They have passionate fans and pretty good minor sports, like most SEC teams do. They would also be a good fit if the SEC decided to make a cable network. And it is not so far away from Kentucky and Tennessee. Also they would have a built in rivalry with South Carolina. So I know geographically they don't make any sense, and that they probably would not leave the Big 10 for the SEC but it would still be fun to have them.

2. LADYTIGERS!!

I would they would be better than most of the SEC teams. Just because you think they are yankeeish does'nt mean they can't fit in the SEC.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's named the SOUTH EASTERN conference for a reason. If you're above the Mason Dixon line you do not qualify period. And penn state would fall somewhere in the middle of the pack playing in the SEC every week.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

why do you keep trying to shove yankee teams down our throats? you seem obsessed with this idea.

are you some sort of big ten troll? " better than most of the sec teams"? :rolleye33:

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Want to be taken seriously......16/16 is not 31 games

6. LADYTIGERS!!

Oh fricken well I had a typing error. Anyways Texas almost went to the Pac 10 and is Texas Pacific? And if you wanna get technical with things Virginia Tech is not "southeastern" Kentucky is not either. The southern part of Missouri is farther down south then both of those states. So everyone who wants Louisville, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and Kansas in the SEC are wrong because they are not "southeastern."

7. LADYTIGERS!!

Also Penn State is better than most SEC teams. Lets make the list, they are better than Vanderbilt, Tennessee, MS State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and South Carolina. Oh look that is already half. Also back to "southeastern" Texas A&M, Texas, and Oklahoma don't belong in the SEC, because they are "southwestern" and not "southeastern" so if you wanna get technical there you go.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

15 posts in, good luck with all that.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

First of all, Texas-to-the-Pac 10 was nothing but a grab for money and respectability by the Pac 10. Like the Big 10, they wish their traditional lineup of schools stacked up to the SEC's traditional roster, so they tried to shoe-horn UT into the mix to bring up the quality of the conference. As for Kentucky's geographically belonging in the SEC, notice my earlier use of the word "traditional". The SEC was founded in 1932. Kentucky was one of the original 13 members, not an addition of convenience at a later date. Finally, you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone on this forum who wants to add UL, VT, WV and Kansas (Kansas?!?) to the SEC.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

just their "buddy" GEAUXTIGERS! who started this thread...

http://forums.tigerfan.com/tigers-den/104565-what-happens-if-expansion-happens-offseason.html

hmmmm...... sounds somehow, so, familiar.

:rolleye33: