Random of the day

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LADYTIGERS!!, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Would you like Penn State in the SEC?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2011.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

It can be changed to the SUPER EAST conference :grin:.

2. LADYTIGERS!!

LADYTIGERS!! Veteran Member

Ok first of all I NEVER suggested Louisville, Virginia Tech and Kansas. I suggest Penn State, Missouri, Texas A&M, and North Carolina. If they can't be brought in shoot for Iowa, USF, or West Virginia. And about that other thread it doesn't mention anything about Penn State. And at the end of the thread they just start saying random teams like Iowa and Stanford. So our views are different. Also the Pac-10 wanted the Big 12 South teams so that they could start the Pac 10 network. The teams they have won't bring in enough viewers for a network. So if the SEC wants to start a network, Penn State makes more sense than Georgia Tech, even though Penn State is up north. And Miami hardly sells tickets, at least Penn State does. So back to my point if the SEC decided to make a network, Missouri, North Carolina, Penn State, Iowa, and Texas A&M make some sense.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Just curious as to why Penn St. would have a "built in" rivaly with USCe? :huh: Don't know of any ties between Spurrier & PSU. Don't know of any ties between Jo Pa & USCe. They haven't played each other
    recently or regularly. What am I missing here? :LSU231:

4. LADYTIGERS!!

The women's basketball team plays South Carolina almost every year.Gymnastics schedules South Carolina regularly. They also play each other alot in softball and volleyball. So it's mostly minor sports they have a rivalry in.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

This thread is stupid. Sorry, but someone had to say it.

1 person likes this.
  6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Truth.

7. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

:cry: Huh? What sports?

Seriously why would the SEC want Penn State or vice versa for that matter. I can think of at least 20 different universities that would have a bigger, more realistic chance of joining the SEC.

8. LADYTIGERS!!

Well if Florida State, Miami, Gerorgia Tech, and Clemson are on your list the SEC does not want them. Mike Slive said they would not expand where they already have a member, and that the SEC would not raid the ACC. The only ACC team the SEC wants is North Carolina. Also Penn State has a great tradition. And College Park is not that far away from Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee. So if the SEC decides to have 4 team divisions, Penn State, Kentucky, Vandy, and Tennessee would make sense.

9. LADYTIGERS!!

And why would the SEC want Penn State or Iowa? Well they actually sell tickets. They both have passionate fanbases. Penn State has great tradition. They both are AAU members. And they bring depth in women's basketball, softball, gymnastics, and volleyball. They also bring more markets, unlike Georgia Tech, FSU, Clemson, and Miami. So my top 5 are Missouri, North Carolina, Penn State, Iowa, and Texas A&M.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wouldn't want any current big 10 teams in the SEC. I would take Texas, OU, TCU, A&M, Florida State, Miami, Va Tech, West Virginia and that's about it.