Random Thoughts -- Condiments

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, May 6, 2005.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Based on how I've observed certain condiments being used on various food items.

Ketchup Dos:
    French Fries
    Hash Browns
    Hamburgers

Ketchup Dont's:
    Eggs
    Chili
    Hotdogs
    Pizza

Mustard Dos:
    Corndogs
    French Fries
    Hamburgers
    Hotdogs
    Sandwiches

Mustard Don'ts:
    I can't think of any

Mayonaise Dos:
    Hamburgers
    Sandwiches

Mayonaise Don'ts:
    Hotdogs

comments...........
    People putting ketchup on a hotdog or corndog makes me want to barf.
    When someone loads up a bowl of chili with ketchup, I want to barf.

Ranch dressing is not really a condiment, but I sometimes like to dip my fries or potato chips in it. It is also really good on a hamburger. I also use it with pizza sometimes.

Ketchup is probably the most widely used condiment IMO.

When I was in China, I observed people using ketchup with pizza in the sameway some people use ranch dressing with pizza. There was a ketchup bottle on every table. It is a bad combination in my opinion.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Peabody,

You have way to much time on your hands. :hihi:

3. Mr. Peabody

You have no idea. You don't live in the Peabody World. Time is at a stand still in my world. :hihi:

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Because of your past post, I am planning my trip to the great wall. I will not be flying coach however. :thumb: I just wish I could go over there and not have to interact with the local population. The first little chinese man that talks trash is getting stepped on. This trip may trigger WWIII.

5. Mr. Peabody

I know you are being full of BS.

However if you're not. Don't fly coach.

Don't worry about some Chinese guy talking trash to you. They are the nicest *other* country people that I have ever encountered.

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Nope, I'm for real. We would go this year, but, I'm taking the family to DWorld in Oct. What I would like is for the wife and I to go sight seeing overseas next summer. I've been just about everywhere there is to go, but, my wife hasn't. As much as I don't really want to, I owe it to the wife. The great wall is on our short list of things to see. I promise you, however, this will be my last trip outside of the U.S., as a civilian anyway, if I have any say in the matter.

Other places of interest are: Rome, Paris France, Naples and Trieste Italy, Malta, Portugal, Israel, and Turkey.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Depends on the mayo if it is Blue Plate I will eat cold pizza in the morning after drinking al night and I will dip the pizza in mayo.

I think BBQ sauce is more widely used during Saturdays in the fall.

Do I was just about to type in question, I think I need to go to bed now.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Now I think I'm going to barf...damn dude, that sounds terrible!

I actually had a co-worker in Jersey that was dating a model of Asian descent. After dating for about 2 months, he broke up with her because she put ketchup on her pizza.

He simply couldn't deal with that. I didn't believe him at the time (who drops a model for that?) so I put ketchup on a slice in front of him (as a goof, I'd never do that normally) and he turned green...maybe he wasn't making it up!

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Some things a man just can't put up with. I got divorced once cause she put my favorite cast-iron dutch oven in the dishwasher. It was perfectly seasoned. She wasn't. :lol:

10. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Here's the deal on mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup: for me, they have to be "name brand." Store brand or off-brand condiments are wretched and will ruin just about anything you put them on. For me, yellow mustard has to be French's. Mayo has to be Dukes or Kraft. Ketchup has to be Heinz or Hunt's.

I totally agree with the mayo on the hot dog thing. I did that when I was about 10 and barfed for two days.

Also, in my book, mayonnaise and yellow mustard should never be eaten together. I've always hated it at picnics when someone will take a knife and dip it in the mustard and then dip the same knife in the mayo and leave yellow streaks of mustard in it. Ecch! I will eat either mayo or mustard on a burger, but not both

I have been known to eat Zatarain's Creole Mustard on pizza and also ketchup on cold pizza.

As for hot dogs, I actually prefer mine plain - especially the type you used to (still can?) get at Tiger Stadium: in the bun wrapped in paper or foil and put in the steamer cabinet. Lawd have mercy!

Yep, ranch dressing can be a mighty fine condiment when used properly. And I will eat barbecue sauce on just about anything.