Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

As if! That's like saying you buy Playboy for the editorials.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A one bedroom apartment in the part of New York where Jerry Seinfeld was supposed to live would cost about $5000 a month in today's dollars. Jerry was always flying around the country doing his act and making appearances on the Tonight Show so he probably had the income to afford it. How did Kramer with no visible means of support and Newman who worked as a mailman afford to live in the same building?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That ho needs to gtfo

Bengal B likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Liar.

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Mary_Landrieu_Gun_Control.htm

Voted NO on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets.
    Voted YES on allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains.
    Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership.
    Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
    Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks.
    Oppose the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not exactly. You forgot a few. The President's gun control proposal includes
    • Requires background checks for all gun sales and strengthens the background check system.
    • Launches a national gun safety campaign to encourage responsible gun ownership and authorizes the Consumer Product Safety Commission to examine issues relating to gun safety locks.
    • Provides additional tools to law enforcement. The plan proposes a crackdown on gun trafficking by asking Congress to pass legislation that closes “loopholes” in gun trafficking laws and establishes strict penalties for “straw purchasers” who pass a background check and then pass guns on to prohibited people
    I saw at least 3 votes of hers that supported those ideas. The NRA gave her a C- for a mixed record.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. red55

Are you actually opposed to those common-sense ideas? No guns are banned at all and it supports law enforcement. They advocate background checks on all gun purchases. Well, so do I. Prudent measures must be taken to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics that shoot up first-graders. It cracks down on international gun trafficking to keep weapons out of the hands of drug cartels and terrorists. You favor that too? Amazing.

The POINT is that her voting record more than enough to prove that she is not anti-gun and Bengal B's poster is an outright lie. She does not walk in step with Obama, who does not have an anti-gun agenda, by-the-way.

Who gives a rats ass about the NRA? How biased can you get? The FACTS are that Landrieu is not and has never been anti-gun, and she neither walks in lock-step with the radical NRA or the radical gun-banners. She makes common-sense decisions involving guns

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I posted nothing about my views on gun control nor about my opinion on Landrieu. I simply pointed out that there have been some of Obama's proposals that Landrieu has, in fact, supported and that was included in the link you posted, just further down the page.

Her voting record, according to the link is mixed. The poster didn't say "walk in step", did it? It was vague but technically at least partially accurate.

Lots of folks care about the NRA including the White House regardless of who occupies it. However, I included a piece of information that came from the link you provided. That's it. The NRA finds her to be inconsistent compared to other elected officials. What does that mean? I don't know. It's just information.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. red55

OK, I was just pointing out the fact that these proposals made a lot of sense. I'm glad that you agree Mary is not anti-gun.

It was not close to accurate. Obama has no anti-gun agenda and Landrieu doesn't vote anti-gun. You have no case, counselor.

It's information that shows that the anti-gun community doesn't own her and neither does the NRA. And I'm always happy for the opportunity to point out that the NRA is in no stretch of the imagination an unbiased observer.