Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've had Ortego sauce. It was only sold in Ville Platte and Opelousas. It ain't all that firey and tasted a lot like Tabasco, just a little hotter. The old man is about 90 and stopped making it a few years ago. They say he grew his own peppers at his camp and made it there in barrels and took it to New Iberia for bottling when it aged properly.
    IMG_0110.JPG

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    tirk likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The bottle I had looked like that but had green sauce inside

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jeff Gordon used to be sponsored by Pepsi, whose slogan was "For those who think young." Now he is sponsored by AARP

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Stop teasing me. I've given up hope of ever having a flying car

[​IMG]
    The updated TF-X. Terrafugia
    [​IMG]
    The original 2013 design of the TF-X. Terrafugia

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A flying car combines the worst elements of both into a vehicle that is neither practical for driving or flying. Jay Leno will buy one, maybe, and park it in his warehouse.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jay would use his. He likes to drive his cars. If I ever had been lucky enough to have a flying car I don't think it would be something I would want to use for day to day city driving. Probably to the airport or whatever big field it could take off from. Even better if it could take off and land vertically. Take off right from my driveway. Fly to another city, land and drive to your hotel. Same thing there. I wouldn't want to drive something like that on the freeway in a city like Houston or Dallas or Atlanta. Depends on how much you plan on running around at your destination. One time I flew to Chicago. Landed at Midway where I rented a car. Drove it to the hotel about 3 or 4 miles away. Went out for dinner and drinks with my associates in a car one of them had rented, and then rode with him to our business meeting in the morning. After the meeting he dropped me back off at the hotel where I drove the car back to the airport and flew home. Could have taken a taxi and with ride sharing services like Uber and Lyft they have today there is no need to rent a car at all on a quick turnaround trip.

For what they would cost you could probably buy a small plane and pay for the flying lessons too.

But I Still Want One!

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm pulling for the Moller Sky Car. Looks great, doesn't it? Unfortunately, after 50 years of research, they still haven't come up with a prototype that they're not afraid to launch without having it attached to an overhead crane by a tether.

[​IMG]

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

looks like toy story.