Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my 7 year-old son to DisneyLand, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "DisneyLand burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real DisneyLand, but it was getting pretty late.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did.".

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Caesar made the salad.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

And all that time I thought is was Chef Boyardee. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, so I guess I'll give him salad.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah, in Paint Your Wagon, glad he stopped doing that. That being attempting to sing.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0DP2CeKfA[/MEDIA]

7. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

8. CarolinaTiger61

CarolinaTiger61 Recently Repatriated

Every morning there's a very overweight woman who walks the running trail that runs parallel to the road that leads to my office. She's very punctual, and I judge how early/late I am every morning by how far along she is on the path when I pass her.

9. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Thursday night TV sucks without Survivor!

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, it does!

And, Nootch is my parenting hero...