Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are lots of degrees like this
    [​IMG]

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw this story a couple of days ago. A 26 year old single mother in North Carolina won the Powerball. She took a lump sum payment and after taxes she had $55 million. She gave 10% to her small rural church which I thought was a very poor way to start off your life as a rich person but it still left her with almost $50 million. Story didn't say how much she spent on houses and cars for everybody, money given to old friends and relatives who showed up out of nowhere and how much she was likely just conned out of.

Her live-in boyfriend was arrested for possession with attempt to distribute a very large quantity of heroin. I wonder where he go the money to purchase the large quantity of heroin. His bail was $3 million which the Powerball winning girlfriend paid. Less than a month later he was arrested again for again attempting to sell a very large quantity of heroin. Where does a person get the money to buy that much heroin when he just got out of jail after losing a lot of money's worth of heroin? Oh, Yes! He has a rich girlfriend. His bail this time was $6 million which was again paid by the Powerball winning girlfriend.

My question is: What is the over and under on when the Powerball winner becomes penniless again? I'm saying no later than June, 2016 but she could blow it faster. You hear about people blowing huge amounts of lottery winnings but she might set a record of how fast.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes probably supporting her at this point. shes a good front for the drug money since shes likely already broke.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How much do they pay for making license plates? They should be able to live high on the hog off that money.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I could take $55 million and double it in 7 years.

I have no idea why people who have no money sense don't just take the 20-year annuity, leave all of the risk with the lottery, and collect the yearly interest on the original $120 million. $6 million a year guaranteed for 20 years. If she put just half of it into index funds, she could spend $3 million a year for 20 years and still have a $20 million portfolio at the end.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You answered your own question.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are only 3 zip codes in the USA where nobody has an Ashley Madison account

Nikolai, Alaska (99691) — Population: 94 (2010 Census)
    Most of the residents of Nikolai are indigenous Alaskans, according to Gawker, and the town can dip to 60 below zero in the winter.

Perryville, Alaska (99648) — Population: 113 (2010 Census)
    When Gawker asked a local why no one in her town was on Ashley Madison, she replied that there was maybe only 10 households in the entire town that had internet. This town is also predominantly indigenous Alaskan.

Polvadera, New Mexico (87828) — Population: 269 (2010 Census)
    An employee at the county clerk’s office told Gawker that there probably was no one on Ashley Madison because you can't get reception in that area, which is about 4 square miles of rural peace.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

buddy of mine just had a divorce, caught cheating, well his ex texted to let me know he was on it, twice. diff names but credit card info was the same. 1000 bucks. hope this hooker gave him a good time.