Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Troubling incident....that there are people who are so ignorant and hateful like Vidrine. Even more troubling is that no one called him out for his actions.
    Yes we have freedom of speech and I don’t think it’s LSU’s responsibility to punish or limit him. First off his parents and his faith should have taught him to be better.
    To have a civil society in this multi racial multi religious time actions like Vidrine ‘s are not acceptable. I don’t want the government to tell me what to think or what to say.....but it is incumbent on all of us to at least treat others with respect. It’s also incumbent on society to call bad acts and actors out when they act as Vidrine did. His friends, his family, his church should be the ones who act. If they don’t we are all poorer.

mctiger likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I noticed that too. No way she gets a 50 yard FG past the line in game conditions.
    @Jmg My feelings about Lloyd are the same when the discussion came up when the LSU goalie talked about trying out. Let 'em try. Let a few girls get clobbered and maybe we won't have to listen to them any more.

shane0911, Winston1 and KyleK like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

His name is Foxworth for crying out loud, you just have to be an entitled asshole with a name like Foxworth!

What a pos

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Her friend that was quoted in the article should have beat Foxworth's ass. Come to think of it, everyone around him should have beat his ass. Your right to speak your mind is only protected from government censorship. It doesn't protect you from the consequences of being an asshole.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The Reveille article say his name is Vidrine

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

That said, these girls are serious snowflakes. You can't handle someone calling you names? You have to cry to the university and try to make a national thing out of someone calling you a name? Geez. I thought we were supposed to learn how to handle that sort of stuff in kindergarten and first grade.

Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well said. The problem with always running to authorities is they take control....then you get thought police etc.
    on a personal level they never grow up and learn to be strong and gain self confidence

KyleK likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Foxworth Vidrine

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not troubling, if it happened. its one clown that is drunk. no action by anyone is necessary. the proper course of action is to not care what people say.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

seems a bit of an overreaction to beat him up. at most i would say hey bud you are kinda rude. even that seems pointless. best reaction would be to say "hey fuck yourself drunko! GO TIGERS"