Random Thoughts on Florida and LSU's Chances

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Oct 8, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

its a triple entendre:hihi:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Or in Tiger's case, a triple bogey. Ouch.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Maybe, but Matt Simms threw for 259yds against them. I'm just sayin'. . .

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Pp7 and mo needs to take control of this game. Defense needs to put pressure on brantley's ribs. If we can put brantley out or make him throw in pain rushing his passes we can shut down their passing game. They will have either a freshman or a crippled qb throwing the ball into the jaws of death. If they can't throw the ball and must run it we can win. We must have defensive or special team scores to win. Pp put on your superman cape score and strike the pose

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great post!!!!!!

Which got me thinking, please no one take what I am about to post as a prediction, premonition, or omen, but lets say this is the game we see:

LSU dominates the Gators in all 3 phases of the game, yet loses 6-3 in dbl OT. I know this won't happen, but just humor me for a second:

1. LSU O puts up over 400 yds.

2. Lee gets the majority of the snaps - throwing for over 200 yds, has a 68%+ completion percentage, and throws no picks.

3. The run game puts up over 200 yds and Ridley has a career day.

4. The O line gives Lee plenty of time and allows 0 sacks.

5. All of this positive performance, but we are unable to score due to, getting stood up 2 times on 4th and inches inside the 10, Jasper shanks a gimme FG attempt, and Ridley fumbles once inside the 20.

6. The D holds the Gators to less than 250 total yds, records 3 sacks, snags 2 TO's, and stops them on 2 - 4th and shorts.

7. We go into OT tied 0-0 and UF gets the ball 1st. We exchange FG's, then the Tigers hold the Gators in the 2nd OT to a FG again. Our turn, we get down to 4th and goal from the 1 yd line, Miles has the team line up for the FG attempt, but gets gutsy, to go for the win, and pulls a fake FG. The exchange is done perfect, but Jasper gets popped at the goal line and fumbles with the ball rolling harmlessly out of bounds. Upon further review it shows that Jasper clearly makes it across the goal line by a slim margin, but the refs do not overturn the call made on the field, ending the game with the Coach Miles flailing his arms, throwing a fit and screaming at every ref in the place. Karma bites us in the ars, and Miles deal with the devil and his luck ends.

I could almost guarantee that this board will be filled with the negatigers all calling for Miles' and Crowtons' heads with all the normal venom. This is in no way what I think would happen, but if it were or anything similar a loss will bring out the every negative I told you so in the place screaming for Miles' head.

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

My guess is that whoever turns the ball over more loses. Avoid INT's Tigers!

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like any game, if LSU plays their A game, LSU wins.

If not, UF will make us pay....
    :lsup:

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I know you asked that we "humor you" - just wanted to point out that if LSU does the above - they win by 10. :hihi::geaux:

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well dude ... you're doing a hell of a job of getting their "confidence up".

Let's see .. both QBs suck .. let's just run the ball .. if we get a lead, it is on the defense and Ridley to keep it cause the QBs suck ....

Kinda schitzo if you ask me!!