Randy Livingston

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PURPLE TIGER, Apr 28, 2008.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i wonder if he sent a resume to johnson?

3. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I certainly hope so as well. This is a guy that CTJ and Collis Temple should be recruiting super hard. I mean the guy is a former point guard, with Jason Kidd like vision and knowledge for the game, from New Orleans, with a 10+ year NBA track record, with contacts to so many teams.

Seems like a no brainer to get this guy back at LSU, to finish his degree and help this team get to the next level. CTJ talked about reaching out to alumni, and I can see RL having that same kind of affect on LSU that Danny Manning has on the Kansas staff.

"Livingston has already begun preparing for the next chapter of his life. In association with the D-League and the University of Phoenix, he is working toward his bachelor’s degree that he began working on when he attended and played at LSU. He also has sent out about 30 resumes to NBA and college teams to get started with his coaching career."

Honestly though, I wonder if he's got his sights set on a NBA coaching gig...

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

hey, wait. isnt there a requirement for coaches to have a bachelor's degree?

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why would that be a requirement?

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

A few states require that their employees have one. Not sure if assistants fall under that.

I think North Carolina has one which is why Sidney Lowe basically finished up with an on-line degree since he left NCST early.

7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

I had read that article in the advocate yesterday. He sure seems like a class act. He had some really bad luck in regards to injury. I would have loved to see what he would have done, injury free. Obviously had talent to play pro ball that long.