Randy Moss Waived by Vikings

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Nov 1, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

FYI, Moss didn't technically hit the waiver wire today, so some outside shot that he stays in Minnesota (probably less than 5 percent), so teams wont be able to claim him until Wednesday at the earliest.

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

thought is he clears waivers and goes back to NE. He leaves no doubt that he likes it there...obvious from his last press conference. soooo, NE just got a free 3rd round draft pick.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

So now the Patriots are a great team and Belichek is the greatest coach in history. Am I remembering wrong or wasn't he whining about not being wanted there in a post game press conference there just a month ago? Crying about the team not wanting to give him a new contract extension (in the middle if the season) and making snide remarks about Brady? That he was unhappy? To the point where they actually trade him because they can see it's going to end badly like every team he's been with? And now he almost made love to Belichek after the game on the field, he's slamming the Vikings because they don't let him coach, and decided that speaking to the media for 10 minutes each week us too mich to ask of him. He's nuts. His presence on a team costs more than he's worth in production. When he actually feels like playing that is.

Please God keep him away from the Saints! When I saw him refuse to even try to catch an easily catchable sure touchdown Sunday I was amazed. The play with the PI call. He didn't even reach for the ball. There's no excusing that.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He wasn't whining. All he said was that he didn't expected to be with the Patriots at the end of the year. What is so wrong with that? Look I don't think Moss has the greatest character, or puts forth the maximum effort all the time, but I do believe that in the right situation he can be a huge threat.

5. LaSalleAve

wouldn't it be funny if Bill Belichick or however you spell that f'er's name, told Randy to go over there and be a virus, so they would cut him.

6. TigerBacker70

Well it looked and sounded like whining to me. But you are right that when he wants to be he's head and shoulders better than every other receiver int he league. So how do you motivate him to want to do his job every week for 17 straight weeks without being a distraction to the team? He quit on the Vikings about week 2.

7. LaSalleAve

the only reason i was saying Saints is because the season is halfway over. I think Brees and Payton, and just playing in that atmosphere, and with a guy like Drew would make Randy want to play hard. We really didn't hear anything from Moss when he was in New England, because he loved it there. I think you have the same kind of atmosphere now in New Orleans. Pick him up, don't give him a contract, use him as a decoy, and throw it to him every now and again, it will open up the underneath game, and take a guy out of the box. It would help the Saints struggling running game, and it would open up Lance Moore, Colston, Shockey, Thomas, and the tailbacks in the screen game. If he works out, awesome, you have another weapon for a Saints offense that has struggled this year. If it doesn't, you release him, or cut him at the end of the season. You don't lose anything picking him up off the waiver wire.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

9. TigerBacker70

Moss is going to be a model citizen if 1) the team is winning, and 2) he's getting as many catches as he wants. Take away either and he's a petulant child. In NO he wouldn't get 10 catches a game because Brees spreads it out to everybody. I don't think he'd like that much because it's the New Orleans Saints show and not the Randy Moss show.

How would this go over in Payton's/Brees' locker room:
    And the worst thing of all this crap:

http://nfl.cpa.delvenetworks.com/de...ebd0&mediaId=e0bf7e0ee41d4bba9eef029f307b80e2

You can't convince me that he didn't intentionally refuse to catch and easy TD. No excuse whatsoever. I'd never ever want this guy on my team.

10. LaSalleAve

i don't think he realized the ball was thrown to him until it hit the ground. I think he knew he got flagged and pulled up, then saw the ball hit the ground.