Randy Moss Waived by Vikings

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

You're joking right? The interference was at the 16 yd line and the defender tripped. Look at the slo motion replays man. He was looking back at the football the entire time. He never lost sight of it. In the second close up replay from the angle in front of him you can see him clearly watching the flight of the ball as he slows down long after the contact and he'd regained his balance. He watches the flight of the ball all the way until it hits the ground right beside him. It looked like at the very end as it came down that he slowed down a second time to keep it from hitting him. He didn't even have the decency to try to make it look like he cared by sticking his arms out. In fact if you pay attention, the takes his arms down as the ball approaches. That's counter-intuitive to natural instinct. The ball was almost close enough to hit him and he made no attempt to catch it. If that's not intentional then I'm just really wrong about him and he's a swell hard working team oriented guy.

Anyway there's no point in debating it as you seem to be diametrically opposed to me on the issue. I think signing him could possibly be the worst move a team could make and you think his talent outweighs his detriment. I'll just have to agree to disagree. But I'm glad the Saints have zero interest him though.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct. His complaint was towards management, not the team or Belichick.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Moss, like other narcissistic wide receivers in the league today (Owens, 85, etc) are cancers to a team. They might be talented but their divisive personalities far outweigh their benefits.

Not sure why WR breed this personality more than other positions. Give me Larry Fitzgerald with his great talent and calm demeanor.

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I agree about TO, but I think Ocho Cinco is a loudmouth but not a bad guy. He's a ham, an attention whore, and whatever else you may say, but it seems to all be in fun. He doesn't do or say hurtful things. He works hard in practice and doesn't quit on his team. Well he did a little at the end of the '08 season but that's not his routine MO.

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Perhaps you're right. I don't know the guy just the antics. Kind of like Joe Horn was for us I guess. I still respect the humble much more.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Agreed. Guys like Keyshawn and cris Carter were similar

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Keyshawn was a jerk who constantly mouthed off to his coaches. Remember he and Gruden getting into it? I remember when he was in Tampa Bay and was asked about his former team mate, he was quoted as saying that comparing Wayne Chrebet (remember him?) to him was like "comparing a flashlight to a star."

Keyshawn was a homo that couldn't hold Carter's jock strap if he wanted. He was the first pre-TO, WR a-hole that I can remember. I still hate hearing that guy's voice.

In regard to Randy Moss, it's obvious that he works on a team that has a coach that doesn't take much bull crap. Other than Belichick, not sure who else in the league has that kind of no nonsense personality. Singletary? Fisher? Coughlin?

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sean Payton.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

amazed? he did this the first game with minnesota when he was supposedly happy. quit on a deep ball, half-assed it across the middle jogging thru routes.

last game was just during prime time. hell he took an entire year off with the raiders.

but i agree, this dude does not need to be anywhere near the saints. hes a loser despite the talent. thats why the pats were ecstatic to get a 3rd round pick for him. they likely would have dumped him for nothing.

but yet he loves new england. i suppose his (p)ending contract is all up in his head after the pats signed brady before the season. so it gave him another reason to be the petulant child he is --mentally.

only a loser team would sign him at this point. and by loser-team i mean desperate.

and there was some ongoings behind the scenes with the pats. hence they traded him. but they were smart to keep his value up by not disclosing the details. unlike stupid childress who is gone after this season.

any guy who has the emotional stability of a pregnant woman on LSD has no place on a winning football team.

i hope this behavior keeps him out the hall of fame. quitting on the field should be the biggest black mark on a player much less reward it with the hall of fame.

chad johnson is a cancer but since hes been irrelevant for 3 yrs his voice is mostly ignored. housh was better than him. if pitt beats cinci this week, get ready for cinci to decay internally. then he and TO will show their true colors. its coming.

keyshawn ran his mouth but was productive til the end if i recall. made some of the toughest catches across the middle almost every game. although i didnt like him. he is pretty good as an analyst however.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I guess Tennessee is desperate. Maybe he and vince young, the two mental patients can talk to themselves near each other and keep company.

Although Jeff Fisher wont put up with any ****. I've always thought jeff fisher was a top 3 coach in the league once they gutted his team years ago.

He seems unfazed and his teams compete no matter what. And keeps VY from not only committing suicide and wins with him. no small feat.