Ranking the gameday atmospheres of the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CoastalNole, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I agree that Tennessee is NOT number 1. I been there quite a few times. Parking is worse than most. No real tailgate areas. Now once you are in the stadium, that's another thing entirely. Awesome stadium.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd have to say Tennesse is awsome for tailgating as all Sec schools are except for Vandy but we should be number one. The Volunteer Navy is what made this guy put them at number one I'b bet.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Why does this guy think it is so cool that a couple hundred people drive up to campus on boats? Are these people so fun that they cheer up the other 90,000 people on campus?

This guy's poll is a joke.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

I wonder if they play Dueling Banjos as you approach Neyland Stadium by boat.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

that's actually a north Georgia Mountain thing.

6. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

I agree that the Tennessee experience is certainly different and awesome in it's own rank, but not number 1. I have been to many games there. Folks, it is NOT loud in Neyland Stadium. I'd say at least 40% of the crowd is blue hairs that sit there with their head phones on yelling at anyone in front of them that stands up to cheer.

It was an awesome experience and I encourage everyone to make the trip up here in 3 years, but it is not number 1.