Ranking the SEC Programs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

This could provide a little discussion during the slow off-season...a writer with the Gainesville Sun gave his rankings and reasoning...

Personally I agree with Georgia being number 1 as of right now, based purely on SEC championships and BCS Bowl appearences...

After that I think Auburn and LSU could be 2A and 2B based on the fact that neither team can beat the other on the road (I hope that holds true this year!)

2. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

barners being #2? :lol:
    that isnt even worth getting mad about. A writer from the "Gainsville Sun" :dis:
    Looking at the stats from the last 5 years, Georgia and LSU are neck and neck but UGA has a couple more wins.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's ridiculous given the number of SEC championships we have in the past six years, are the only sec team to have a national championship in the last six years, and considering how well we consistently recruit...

That list is a joke...

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

was there any doubt when a barner posted it you knew how it stood? i think i woulda passed out if it listed edit: us ahead of them.

you know, like the coaching lists where tubochit is atop.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah I know. And I love how eveyone all of a sudden jumped back on the Tubie bandwagon after everyone all but dismissed him...

The list is BS...LSU is the top SEC program right now, IMO....Georgia a close, close second with Auburn a distant third....

6. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Aw. come on now. I said that LSU and Auburn should be 2a and 2b.

Neither team has won two in a row since like the 90's. Ya'll won a NC and we went undefeated. We have 2 SEC berths and 1 championship since 2000, and you have 3 berths and 2 championships. So yall get the nod on that won.

Anywyas, its the 4th and half of my 12 pack is gone...so I guess i'm in a pretty good mood and willing to concede the point that yall should be 2a and we should be 2b....

But thats going to change this year when we even up the SEC champs! :hihi:

7. tirk

no worries, both programs are pretty close its just that redheaded middle child mentality they can never overcome. always having to prove themselves now not only with bama but us as well. i kinda feel for them. if they ever posted a list with us in front i may pass out altogether.

8. tirk

www.penisenvy.com

:crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

got crystal?

thought not.

9. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

1. LSU
    2. a UGA
    b AU

It makes me cringe thinking LSU is even mentioned in the same category as Auburn. I am just wasting my time though because as someone said earlier in the thread...
    LSU- :crystal:

AU- :bncry: :cry: :bncry: :dis:

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bama ahead of UT is what boggles my mind. Tenn. is still light years in front of Bama based on accomplishments.