Ranking the SEC Programs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

This one sentence proves the authors ignorance, and makes the entire list worthless.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I hate it when crack whores get a voice.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Please remove the P&G tinted glasses. Top 3? Sure, but you can't ignore Georgia's consistency.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

1. Georgia
    2. LSU
    3. Auburn

If LSU had won the SEC this past year, we'd be #1. That's how close the two programs are to each other.

Sorry Auburn, but 2 good years isn't enough.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In the 21st Century, Georgia has the most wins, but in terms of championships:

LSU has 1 National, 2 SEC, and 3 West Division Championships = 6 championships
    Georgia has 2 SEC and 3 East Division Championships = 5 championships
    Auburn has had 1 SEC and 1 West Division Championship = 2 championships

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The author appears to be using the last 4 years as his measuring stick. Over that period, I'd say Georgia has had the best of it. LSU did have the 2003 NC but Georgia has stepped over us the last 2 years, at least in terms of SEC finish.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The author picked a time frame that neatly clipped out LSU's 2001 championships. I chose not to do that. :grin:

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

red, it looks like you left out the barners "people's championship" as well :lol:

9. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

ya that is bs, Tennessee is out of Bama's league. IMO Bama is behind Tenn, Arkansas, AND South Carolina. Arkansas would have a good shot winning the East this year but will come in 3rd in the west just because LSU and AU are just that good.

10. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

"8. Arkansas (6): The Razorbacks have been a major disappointment the last two years, but recruiting has picked up drastically. We'll have to wait and see if that was only because there was so much talent in the homestate. Facilities are solid, but Houston Nutt has to change the culture of losing."

Give me a break....there was so much youth on this team last year. The defense was very athletic from the games I watched but they were just not experienced. I am far from an Arkansas fan but to have them at #8 when they have the best rb in the league and all their defensive starters coming back this year is insane. I hope this guy isn't getting paid for these articles because he is clueless.
    :confused: