Ranking the SEC running backs 1-10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jun 15, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That list is a little more reasonable. Even though I would have Lattimore over Richardson.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I would definitely have Marcus Lattimore number one, he was a beast last season.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It might just be be, but Lattimore was no better than Ridley, they each had 249 carries and were separated in yards by 50…..

IMO, Ware could be Ridley +1. From the PT I have seen, he has crazy good vision, nice cuts and the power to be a down hill runner.

If Ware gets 220-250 carries this year, he will be a top 3 back for sure….

I know Davis had a monster of a second half of the season, but I am 100% sold that the Meth-head linee of up at QB is what gave him the yards. He’s damn good so don’t get me wrong, but I am not sold and letting games lean on him if ol Wilson turns a bust. I think Davis season will ride on that. My main reasoning in this is that I am not sold on an Ark O’line with that style of hard running just yet. We will see tho…

Just my 2 cents…

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Knile Davis is very, very good. Make no mistake about that. He's very strong, and has a running style that is conducive to a good future in the NFL.

Lattimore and Richardson are the most proven, but I agree that Ware will be every bit as good as either of them once he's had a chance to get his reps.

6. dudley

dudley oops!

Ar-Kansas will be starting a true freshman at LT and a JC transfer at RT. I think those that are anointing Davis and especially Wilson this early need to pause and think about it a bit.

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Knile finished last season as the second leading rusher in the SEC, leading RB for yards gained. However, it's important to note that over 40% of his total yards gained came against teams like Ole Miss. He had one game worth note, IMO, against South Carolina. I don't recall him hitting 150, but it was the only team with a good rushing defense he was able to gain significant yardage against.

I believe Lattimore is the most valuable RB in the SEC for '11. If he sustains a season ending injury the Gamecocks season will be ending as well. Garcia simply can't carry that team in a return trip to ATL without Lattimore.