Ranking the uniforms in the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CoastalNole, Mar 25, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

And now the purple uniforms

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How can you possibly rank Penn States uni so high?? They are totally generic and look like they bought them at a Dollar Store. Most teams practice uniforms look better

3. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

It looks like Texastigers top five is based on traditional college football teams. Penn State's uniforms are good in that they are simple, no flash, and basic, instead of the ever more flashy unis that are coming out now.

As far as ugly: I would also say that North Carolina's baby blue, and Clemson's purple/orange combination are at the top of my personal list.

4. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I love our uniforms, and I agree that Alabama is probably second best in the SEC. As far as nationwide, I would have to say that USC is my favorite along with Ohio State. I hate Tennessee's uniforms and Texas'. I guess I have an anti-orange bias.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Purple

I think I now like the purple jerseys better than the white. The one problem is on most TVs the purple looks blue.

6. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Talk about ugly, how about those green jersey/ green pants Oregon would wear?

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I hate PSU's unis.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I totally agree with that. Instead of the ugly green O on the helmuts why don't they have a duck?

Speaking of ugly, how about Tulane with the puke green jerseys and the ganggreen pants?

Nobody has mentioned pro unis. I hate the new Houston Texans garb but I really liked the old Oiler uniforms. In no particular order I like the uniforms of the Jets, Raiders, Packers, Dolphins, Bears. The old Denver Broco unis were OK but I hate the ones they switched to a few years ago. I liked the old Patriot Helmuts with the Patriot hiking the ball and hate the ones they wear now

All time either love it or hate it uniform - The one the Astros wore in the 80's I would buy one with Nolan Ryans # 34 except that the throwback replica jerseys sell for over $300

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

That is why I like PSU's unis. I think they are just classic. I see your point, they do look like what we wore in BREC league football as a kid. But I just love the simple traditional look of Notre Dame and PSU.
    Man do we differ though Bengal on Houstons Unis. I love those Unis, I think they are great. Love the Helmet, and the dark blue.
    Thost are probably my Favorite NFL unis.

Anyway LSU still has the greatest UNI in college football, that we can agree.

Anyway, this thread is starting to get a Gay overtone with all this fashion talk. I am suprised my wife is not posting on this thread. ;)

(I am still recovering from the Indy Bowl and Dinardo's White Helmets and yellow jerseys...)

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Seems like Indy Bowl has a thing for bad fashion. Just a couple of years ago in the Snow Indy Bowl, Miss State had all white uniforms included the white helmets. Most players ever had sleeves on which where white. At times you could barely see those guys on TV.