Ranking the Wide Receivers of the South

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, May 10, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

www.southernpigskin.com

4. Dewayne Bowe, LSU – Few players are more productive redzone options than Bowe, a stout 6’3’’, 220-pound veteran who has caught 14 touchdown passes the last two seasons. Through October and November of last season, he caught at least one touchdown pass in seven consecutive games. Because of his ability to shield defenders, Bowe is also a proven middle-of-the-field receiver. His size, strength and range give him notable advantages in man coverage. Throughout his career, Bowe has played well in key games for the Tigers. He has developed the reputation as a big-game, big-play wide receiver.

2. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

And how many more big plays could he have had if he didn't drop so may catchable passes?

Hopefully his new eyes will put an end to that.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bowe shortarmed one ball that I can remember, drops were an issue though and hopefully that will be corrected.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

On ESPN insider Todd McShay has both Bowe and Doucet listed as the top 15 receivers in next year's draft.

And he actually has Doucet higher than Bowe.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't understand all the Doucet love right now...

I think Bowe will be one of the top 5 wide receivers in the nation next year.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree. doucet has the physical skills to be great, he just isnt there as a complete WR yet. Though, potential is a lot with the NFL.

I honestly believe Bowe has the ability to be the BEST WR in college football this year. It is up to him, though...and that seems to be the problem. Still, a great, clutch WR.

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I agree. Great thing is that if you look at it, LSU could have three first rounders next year. JR LL and DB with good season will all be up there.

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Like I care what that website says. They didn't even spell Dwayne correctly. Earl Bennett put up good numbers but I don't believe for one second he is better than some of the other names on that list.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Davis will go higher than Doucet would next spring. Doucet needs at least one year as a starter to go in the first round . . . and it won't be this year.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Doucet still has two years to develop into a great WR, but he just isn't there yet. Hopefully he'll be well on his way next season.