Ranking the Wide Receivers of the South

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, May 10, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yes I will, the coach can't be blamed for everything, the players have to step up and perform, and when it comes to something as simple as catching a ball it's strictly up to them. All the coaches can do is make them practice the proper technique over and over again.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

CFN also notes that Taylor needs to put last year behind him and return to his 2004 form. Maybe having all those other guys graduate will be good for him as he is now the senior WR. Lord knows he has the talent to be a great one IMO.

3. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

I can't believe this post got by without anyone taking a shot at it. No way in hell we have a possible six 1st round draft picks next year. Laron is the only definite on that list. I'm not expecting much if anything out of JV(regardless of what Broussard does) and putting Chase Pittman in that group is almost laughable. Bowe & JR have the potential to be there, but they'll have to put up some gawdy #'s next year. JMO.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I tend to agree. Landry and Bowe have first-round potential, but Broussard, Davis, and Russell are middle-round, Pittman and Daniels are low-round, and Vincent (barring an outstanding senior year) is a free agent. Brian Johnson and Chris Jackson have a free-agent shot, perhaps.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I let it go because it's not really relevent to this thread. There's already a thread on this subject.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I find it interesting (and sad) how quickly some folks want our coaching staff (who lost all of TWO games last year) to be fired.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Well our WR's were a barrier to that success. Maybe it was Monken's fault, maybe not. If we have another season of subpar receiving, I think that's enough evidence to suggest we need a new WR coach.

I've met Coach Monken's family and they were really nice people, and I expect our WR's to have a great season under him next year.

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

dont get me wrong, i dont think that will happen. im saying those are guys who could POSSIBLY go first round. obviously they would need big seasons i figured that went without saying. well be lucky to get two guys in the first round. i do think that broussard can go in the first round depending on needs and how he performs. the RB class doesnt look as good as it did this year with a potential 5 first rounders from this year. long ways away and thats why i just threw out those names because u never know