rants and rumors and all that...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 5, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I well visited topic on this board is Saban's future as LSU head coach...will he leave for the NFL? Well, I am here to let you know it could be worse. All is courtesy of Sportsline.com.

Tennessee issued a press release last Thursday stating Phillip Fulmer WILL NOT be resigning his position at the end of the season. (is Tennessee's program REALLY that bad?)

Joe Paterno WILL NOT resign as Penn State's coach, despite having a losing season 3 out of the last 4 years. (is Penn St REALLY that good?)

This years LSU/Ole Miss showdown will be the biggest and most important since the infamous Billy Cannon game. (this could very well be true)

The BCS is flawed (we know this is true)

All this shows how much BS is out there. Teams that are doing good want their coaches to leave (Tenn), and teams doing bad can't get rid of their coaches and nobody wants them(Penn St). Teams that traditionally suck are getting national press (Ole Miss), and the whole system is corrupt (the BCS).

AND A FINAL PREDICTION...

The ole ball coach will be coaching college football again VERY soon....maybe next year? No more NFL after this year, I do not think he will last the season.

See ya :D

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I also think the ole ball coach is set to make his return. I saw him on ESPN the other night and he looked like he has aged 20 years since he left Florida. Maybe the Vols should fire fat boy and hire the visor??? Just kidding, by the way.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I heard an interesting poll question on ESPN radio earlier.

"Which of these following two event is most likely to happen first: Steve Spurriers return to the college ranks, or Drew Henson to the NFL?"

Personally, Id like to see the OBC back in the college game. He brought so much intrigue both on and off the field that, even as much as I hated him, I really miss.