Rasslin' Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Dec 6, 2017.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Bullet Club reuniting. Hoping this leads to a Finn Balor heel turn. Dude is great as a villain

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I saw that. Pretty cool. Yeah I like Finn as a heel, he isn’t being utilized right. I don’t like the split shows either. IMO Joe, AJ, Shinuske, Finn, and the Sheild should all be on the same show.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

I hate the split show and split titles format. Vince giving us what we want...

4. BAY0U BENGAL

The annual Royal Rumble is coming up. It has surpassed summer slam and mania as my favorite pay per view. With all of the returns and debuts, it’s really fun to watch. the year before, I was able to guess who would win based on booking. Last year was kind of a curveball. This year, I’m torn between 3 scenarios...

Scenario #1 (this is more fantasy booking than anything because it won’t happen): AJ Styles retains the world title at the rumble and Nakamura wins, setting up a very good and interesting program between the two. They had epic matches in japan and last years money in the bank ladder match set it up perfect.

Scenario #2 (more probable and still something I want to see): Lesnar retains the universal title, Strowman enters, or declares himself entered by flipping over Vince’s private jet or some other over the top cartoon shit, and we get Lesnar and Strowman at mania. Which is probably going to happen anyway. But if they did more than 6 or 7 minutes and put some effort into it, the build up and match would pay off big.

Scenario #3 (what’s 99.9% likely to happen): Cena shows up, eats a Mario star, delivers 7 AAs, and wins. This ties Stone Cold’s rumble record, and sets him up to beat the Nature Boy’s sixteen time, sixteen time, sixteen time, woooooooo title reigns.

I’ll also accept No Way Jose tricking everyone into a conga line and eliminating themselves....

Bengal B likes this.
  5. BAY0U BENGAL

So how about that Ronda Rousey fella?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So...who won?

8. BAY0U BENGAL

Nakamura. Gonna be a good mania this year.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Rowdy Ronda Rousey. We were wondering why she had all that Piper gear on. Now we know why.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

I didn’t like that she went with Piper’s gimmick and even the font. But then I saw an interview where she said Rowdy gave her his blessing. I don’t think she was as big of a wrestling fan as she claims she is, but Brock and a lot of other greats weren’t fans. They just knew they could draw.

Speaking of Brock, I listened to the SummerSlam 2002 episode of Something To Wrestle... Bruce Prichard; and was inclined to watch it again on the network this morning. I almost forgot why it’s still one of my favorite PPVs. Lesnar was so good. He’s still good, but, I mean good as in not glorified squash matches good.