Rasslin' Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Dec 6, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don’t like what they are doing with the Universal Title. Having a guy there just for pay per views and a few live in ring promos.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I’m torn. On the one hand, back in the day, the champion wasn’t there every week, diluting the title. The title was defended maybe once every 3 months. It made it special. NXT is the same way. Here’s the problem with WWE. You have a universal title on a 3-hour show. At a pay per view every month. It’s not booked wrong, but everything surrounding it is. If WWE is going to keep doing it this way, they need to make the Intercontinental title main event Raw and some pay per views, and hype that shit up. And then hype up some #1 contender matches.

3. LaSalleAve

Yeah I can get with that, I just think it needs to change hands more. I’d love to see Jinder Mahal vs Lesnar. That would be sweet.

4. BAY0U BENGAL

I’m the exact opposite. To me, it means more when it isn’t treated like a hot potato (see the attitude era). Dudes winning the title on Sunday, and dropping it on Monday night. Having 9 reigns in 3 months... I would like to see Jinder Mahal 2017 vs Brock Lesnar 2003. I think Lesnar’s gotten lazy with his matches. Dean Ambrose made that clear after their Mania match a couple of years ago. Of course Ambrose was boring as champ. I so badly hoped he would be the second coming of the Texas Rattlesnake

5. BAY0U BENGAL

Allow me to throw a disclaimer out there that I don’t think the world is ready to see another Hogan-like 1984 run. Or Sammartino run. But changing the title every 2-3 months is hard to keep the prestige. Especially if the champion is getting good reactions/pops, like Styles.

6. LaSalleAve

I’m ok with it staying in one person’s hands but it seems like every run these days last almost a year. That used to be sacred grounds.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

That’s a good point. I think it’d be safe to say 3-5 months is a good run, depending on what feuds do well. The problem with champions these days is the tv booking. You want me to be interested in a pay per view main event? Don’t show that match 4 times a month. I did read where they’re dropping the PPV schedule down by 2 in 2018

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Out of the 100, 5 or 6 were murdered. Even more died by suicide. Lots of drug overdoses. Of the rest most were heart related problems at a relatively young age. I lot of them I didn't know they had died, including Miss Elizabeth.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I saw some diabetic complications there too. Lots of diabetics out there.