Rate Last 50 years of Presidents.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by luvdimtigers, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

#1) Reagan--Great (Only one). Turned country around. Held to true conservative ideals and individual freedom. Supply-side worked. Democratic congress spent too much...

#2) Bush jr.--Made the hard decisions for the long term benefit of the country while weathering relentless attacks by endlessly jealous foreigners, malicioius liberal leaders and their spin meisters, and the gullible, errational, weak, short-sighted, flaky herd.

#T3) Clinton--Benefited immensly from the techno e-boom. Most any President would have looked good in that period. But did better than most would have. Obvious character flaws.

#T3) Nixon--Great policies. Watergate did not bother me, did your conscious bother you, tell the truth...Still flawed.

T3) Bush Sr. --Railroaded by a liberal media. Economy wasn't so bad.

T4) Johnson--Okay
    T4) Ike--Okay
    5) Ford
    6) Carter--Stagflation Joke.
    7) Kennedy--Nipotinistic, Whore Hound, Bay of Pigs Coward. The biggest Joke. In way over his head. The only thing he had going for him was his looks.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

What hard decisions did Bush make that made the country better? By getting us into a quagmire of a war that we didn't have to fight? The only reason Cowboy W hasn't lost his neo-con base is because he has made this war painless for his constinuets. Where are the sacrifices from all americans? Why are we giving away tax breaks when we're spending billions on the war? I bet if he came out and said, we're going to raise taxes and ration gas to pay for this war, like we did in real world wars, his chicken hawk backers would turn on his arrogant ass in a second.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Talk about spin!

4. luvdimtigers

you say Clinton had obvious charactor flaws and you don't think Watergate was a big deal?

Oral sex is worse than covering up a break in of your rival parties offices?

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

erroneous assumption. You watch too much TV. Most Americans will never understand the precedent that was set, and, sadly, it's impossible to measure the myriad of benefits. But rest assuredly, you and I are safer because we went into IRAQ.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

rehearsing for CNN?

7. luvdimtigers

bullchit. I get my info from a variety of sources, pro and con Bush admin. newspaper, internet, talk radio, etc.

And there is no way we're safer chief, care to explain to my poor, misinformed, to much tv watching self, exactly how we're safer?

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

okay, here's one of many (from wikipedia). I'm sure the spin-meisters will attribute these events to everything and anything else...but, objective and rational people know...

In 2003, more than a decade after the sanctions were put in place, Libya began to make dramatic policy changes in regard to the Western world with the open intention of pursuing a Western-Libyan détente. The Libyan government announced its decision to abandon its weapons of mass destruction programs and pay almost 3 billion US dollars in compensation to the families of Pan Am flight 103 as well as UTA Flight 772.[22] The decision was welcomed by many western nations and was seen as an important step for Libya toward rejoining the international community.[23] Since 2003 the country has made efforts to normalize its ties with the European Union and the United States and has even coined the catchphrase, 'The Libya Model', an example intended to show the world what can be achieved through negotiation rather than force when there is goodwill on both sides.
    An event considered pivotal by many in the Libyan-Western relations is the HIV trials (1999–2007) of Five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor. Their release is seen as marking new stage in the Libyan-Westren relations.
    On May 15, 2006 the United States Department announced it would fully restore diplomatic relations with Libya if it dismantled its weapons programs. Also the State Department removed Libya from their state sponsored terrorism list which it had been on for 27 years.
    On October 16, 2007 Libya was voted to serve on the United Nations Security Council for two years starting January 2008.[24]

1 person likes this.
  9. luvdimtigers

So that's what you come up with? That by attacking Iraq and losing thousands of American and Iraq lives, we made Libya get in line? You have got to be kidding me!!

How about this? How about if we would have dealt directly with Libya, if they were such a threat?

C'mon, you've got to do better than this, This is one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard for justification of the Iraq war. You can get better talking points from rushlimbaugh.com.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. luvdimtigers

Try again, I'll be back sometime tomorrow. Have a happy easter.