Rate Last 50 years of Presidents.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by luvdimtigers, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

psss...We service them (Haliburton) and effectively control their/our oilfields. A prosperous America needs a reliable oil supply. Yes, IRAQ is the frontline, we selected it and they came. What a boon to herd Terrorist in one country far from US, huh? Yes, Pakistan holds many high profile terrorist, but it is not the frontline.

We'll need to be at least 20+ years removed to effectively evaluate his presidency. Anything less is useless opinions based on limited information with no long-term impact analysis. Just throwing crap against the wall. And ditto..you didn't present any evidence for your opinions. But you seem so confident that going into IRAQ did not prevent an attack on American soil. So confident in something not proveable? That's not very rational, amigo.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nonsense. Good analysis is being done right now which is far from useless and the available information is far from limited. History is happening right now and is being well documented.

It is your statement that invading Iraq prevented another attack on the US that I challenged. Responding by asking me to prove that your statement is NOT true is pretty lame. You either back it up your declaration or you don't. You didn't.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm going with 50 % because I dispise Sir William. He did sell missle technology to the chinese. Go find your own link. Carter sucked and the other 50% just to get under your skin:grin:

4. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

shane ,you have to cut Cinton a little slack on selling Missile technology to the Chinese.He desperately needed those campaign donations from his Chinese friends.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sorry, if you want to make a claim and not back it up with evidence, that's your business.

I'll just point out that your hero Dubya Bush is selling a wide spectrum of military technology to . . . the Chinese!

Bush and Clinton's technology sales were legal, at least. Ronald Reagan illegally sold TOW missiles to Iran at the height of our conflict with them in the early 80's in order to secretly get Hezbollah hostages released in Lebanon. Then he used the money to illegally fund the Contra's in Nicaragua.

Even the best presidents sometimes sell technology to competitors. In some cases it's to overtly get sales for US corporations that would lose them to sales by the French or the Russians anyway. In other cases it is to covertly see our enemies use technology that we are familiar with and know how to defeat. In all these cases, we are not selling them tomorrows technology, or even today's technology, but yesterday's technology.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See, it worked :thumb: I love it when a plan comes together:grin:

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

no. I only asked the question. Your answer shows your sense of reason and bias. "In all likelihood, it did not prevent attacks because of this logical reasoning...)" would have been acceptable.

"Not one friggin' bit." is quite telling.

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Please, one example of or explanation of how our war in Iraq is keeping us safe here.

Because of all the conservative talking points, this one has got to be the most idiotic.

I hate to say conservative, because starting a pre-emptive war half cocked, without proof of WMD is not what I call "conservative"

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

[insert any example or explanation here]

and you get the typical, liberal, illogical, subjective rant...

10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Sorry cheif, I'm not a liberal by any stretch, (except maybe Limbaugh's) it doesn't take a liberal to be appalled at what George W. Bush has done to this country on just about every front.

Instead of trying to paint me as an illogical radical liberal, why don't you explain to me how W has done a good job on anything, the war, the economy, anything.

You used Libya's dismantling of their weapons program, and I still think that we could have applied pressure to them wihout losing 4000 americans in Iraq to do it. Most died after W strutted on the aircraft carrier claiming "mission accomplished.

Be specific, and I'll be just as specific refuting it. Just don't quote broad, neo-con talking points.

1 person likes this.